Walmart .22's: Opinions please

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BadBadJohn

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Another one for the marlin 60 they run just as good as a 10-22 just do'nt have all the aftermarket stuff for them. I had a 597 really liked the rifle it ran good if i only loaded 4-5rds in the mag.
For small game hunting i really like a bolt gun and i'm also a lefty and do'nt like all that stuff in my face. Think the 10-22 manual says not to shoot them left handed.

I call BS on that information. If I'm wrong, scan the official Ruger 10/22 owner's manual where it says this and post it here. :cool:

flatwins

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've got too many 22s. The Marlin 60 is hard to beat but so is the 10/22. The 60 does give you the advantage of not having to reload quite as often if you are blowing through 22 ammo. Plus the tube magazine is easier to load than the spring type mags of the 10/22 but one is limited to 18 rounds. As others have stated, there are tons more aftermarket items for the 10\22 if you are into that sort of thing. I don't have any experience with the Savage offerings.

uniquediversity

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i have the mossberg 702, marlin 60, savage mkII, and just ordered a 10/22. all of which can be purchased at wally world. right now i shoot the mossy the most and it has been an amazing gun. the thing will eat any ammo and has never had any kind of FTF. the others are great guns as well. it all comes down to what you want it for and how it feels to you.

Old Fart

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The only thing I've heard about WM gun is sometimes the manufacturer will substitute cheaper components.
Not anything that would make them dangerous, just maybe a plastic trigger guard vs. a metal one.
That kind of stuff. Not a real biggie.
I think some of thier 10/22's are that way.
Don't remember for sure.
So for a plinker I wouldn't worry much though.

Leadlobber

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've got too many 22s. The Marlin 60 is hard to beat but so is the 10/22. The 60 does give you the advantage of not having to reload quite as often if you are blowing through 22 ammo. Plus the tube magazine is easier to load than the spring type mags of the 10/22 but one is limited to 18 rounds. As others have stated, there are tons more aftermarket items for the 10\22 if you are into that sort of thing. I don't have any experience with the Savage offerings.

"Too many .22s " that's blasphemous

10/22

Used CZ bolt action

What ever you choose ,put a little money in the kitty for a decent scope I have used Bushnell Trophy's on .22s

Latest posts

Top Bottom