Walmart LP

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JamesP82

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
He pulled a knife with lethal intent. They never hit him after the cuffs were on, and the only time he was struck on the ground was in response to him biting one of them. They used force only to attempt to restrain the thief, and to protect themselves from harm. The thief was a violent offender guilty of assault with a deadly weapon, assault and battery, and shoplifting.
I'm glad the LP was mainly unharmed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

indi

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
He pulled a knife with lethal intent. They never hit him after the cuffs were on, and the only time he was struck on the ground was in response to him biting one of them. They used force only to attempt to restrain the thief, and to protect themselves from harm. The thief was a violent offender guilty of assault with a deadly weapon, assault and battery, and shoplifting.
I'm glad the LP was mainly unharmed.

He pulled the knife after 2 men claiming to be LP attempted to assualt him. He feared for his life. Im not taking the shoplifters side but their is a reason why LP has certain policies in place.
Getting a license plate number and calling the police is what they should have done. I worked LP for several retailers from 1998-2008. Retailers want merchandise recovered over an incident such as this anyday. When I first started working LP, a running shoplifter got tackled. Towards the end of my LP days The most running you did was to get to the doors before the shoplifter then you verbally try to convince them to come back to the office to get paper work done.

Looking at the video again he deployed his knife after he was punched in the face and he was put in a choke hold. LP screwed up big time on this one.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
He pulled the knife after 2 men claiming to be LP attempted to assualt him. He feared for his life. Im not taking the shoplifters side but their is a reason why LP has certain policies in place.
Getting a license plate number and calling the police is what they should have done. I worked LP for several retailers from 1998-2008. Retailers want merchandise recovered over an incident such as this anyday. When I first started working LP, a running shoplifter got tackled. Towards the end of my LP days The most running you did was to get to the doors before the shoplifter then you try to convince them to come back to the office to get paper work done.

He got what he deserved. Lawyers and litigation crazed society is what has changed LP policy. LP should receive adaquate training, which they don't. Take a few of these scumbag thrives out and the vids go viral, thrives will choose another victim or line of work.
He wants to sue, I hope I'm on the jury.

JamesP82

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
He was in commission of a crime when approached by LP. Instead of complying, he became combative.

We don't get to see how this began, but if you are shoplifting and are approached by two men claiming to be LP, you know why they are there.

This was not a case of self defense on the part of the thief, but a unsuccessful attempt to flee being detained in commission of a crime.

I don't agree with trying to physically restrain a shoplifter, but only because of the risk of bodily harm.

The video doesn't show him complying after them stating they were LP and being on video. Instead, he draws a weapon and attempts to use lethal force against them.

They only used the force necessary to restrain him and after restrained used no other force. This is compliant with the law as I understand it, but I'm not an attorney or judge.

JamesP82

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Innocent until proven guilty is in a court of law. The question here would be probable cause, which they likely had.

This would fall under citizen's arrest and actually has less rules than a LEO arrest. As long as they had probable cause and didn't violate his fourth amendment rights they are in the right.

These are citizens and have the same rights as you and I including the accused.

Latest posts

Top Bottom