Warren Theater in Moore recently posted no guns

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Maverick7340

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just noticed them today as well. They are inside the double doors (on the second set of doors) - fairly large white signs.

I've already sent feedback via their website to both the Moore location and the corporate office expressing my disappointment in their decision. I highly encourage everyone else to do the same - if enough people complain, maybe they'll come down. I am willing to share my letter that I wrote with anyone here if you don't feel like writing your own - see below and feel free to copy and reuse.

I recently visited your Moore location. However, it is unfortunate that I will not give your
business my patronage. Let me explain why. As I approached the doors to your business I was
greeted by a posted sign that bans firearms in your theater. I am a Concealed
Carry Permit holder, meaning that I am a verified law-abiding citizen. I have submitted
fingerprints and passed extensive background checks as well as successfully completed
firearms training and safety classes, meaning that I know proper and safe weapons handling
and all relevant state laws pertaining to the carry and use of firearms. I am clearly a
law-abiding citizen and have made the conscious decision to both protect myself and exercise
our 2nd Amendment Constitutional rights.

By prohibiting all weapons, you have disarmed and made helpless anyone who enters your theater
- except for criminals, who won’t follow your policy anyway. In essence, you’ve made your
theater more dangerous for patrons who carry legally...and safer for criminals. If a true
emergency situation were to arise, I would not be comfortable trusting my life to your
employees.

Please consider changing your policy. You have chosen to ban firearms in your theater and
violate a Constitutional right belonging to the citizens of this country and state. I would
assume that your policy is not to discriminate against customers based on religion or
infringe upon their freedom of speech
, so I am confused as to why your company has decided
it is appropriate to deprive law-abiding citizens of the ability to protect themselves and
their families. Despite you having one of the best theaters in the OKC metro area, I have chosen to take
my guns and my money to your competitors and spread the word about your corporate policies to
numerous groups and friends, both in person and online, until such time as you choose to allow law-
abiding armed citizens in your establishments.

Isn't it illegal to yell fire in a crowded theater or is that just a myth?

I can see why they might not want OC in the theater since it has a lot of people sitting in the dark in tight quarters. It would be easy for some nut to grab your gun. It would be hard to have situational awareness also.

I never plan to OC at the theater for those reasons so the sign will mean nothing to me as I walk in CC.

Poke78

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Good letter but you probably should have left out any reference to infringing rights. They are a private organization, not the government. The prohibition about infringing on rights applies only to the government, not a private business.

I stand with those posting that concealed means concealed. I go to the Warren once a year (Christmas Day family thing) and go to the theaters where they serve me alcoholic drinks and food so I already know I can't carry.

saddlebum

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
they aren't
violating a Constitutional right belonging to the citizens of this country and state, you don't have a right to carry on someone else's private property.while i dont aggree with thier policy and wont be spending my money there. i support thier right to chose thier policy.

jalapeno

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
they aren't
violating a Constitutional right belonging to the citizens of this country and state, you don't have a right to carry on someone else's private property.while i dont aggree with thier policy and wont be spending my money there. i support thier right to chose thier policy.

well stated but I am still going to tell them what I think.

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I just noticed them today as well. They are inside the double doors (on the second set of doors) - fairly large white signs.

I've already sent feedback via their website to both the Moore location and the corporate office expressing my disappointment in their decision. I highly encourage everyone else to do the same - if enough people complain, maybe they'll come down. I am willing to share my letter that I wrote with anyone here if you don't feel like writing your own - see below and feel free to copy and reuse.

I recently visited your Moore location. However, it is unfortunate that I will not give your
business my patronage. Let me explain why. As I approached the doors to your business I was
greeted by a posted sign that bans firearms in your theater. I am a Concealed
Carry Permit holder, meaning that I am a verified law-abiding citizen. I have submitted
fingerprints and passed extensive background checks as well as successfully completed
firearms training and safety classes, meaning that I know proper and safe weapons handling
and all relevant state laws pertaining to the carry and use of firearms. I am clearly a
law-abiding citizen and have made the conscious decision to both protect myself and exercise
our 2nd Amendment Constitutional rights.

By prohibiting all weapons, you have disarmed and made helpless anyone who enters your theater
- except for criminals, who won’t follow your policy anyway. In essence, you’ve made your
theater more dangerous for patrons who carry legally...and safer for criminals. If a true
emergency situation were to arise, I would not be comfortable trusting my life to your
employees.

Please consider changing your policy. You have chosen to ban firearms in your theater and
violate a Constitutional right belonging to the citizens of this country and state. I would
assume that your policy is not to discriminate against customers based on religion or
infringe upon their freedom of speech, so I am confused as to why your company has decided
it is appropriate to deprive law-abiding citizens of the ability to protect themselves and
their families. Despite you having one of the best theaters in the OKC metro area, I have chosen to take
my guns and my money to your competitors and spread the word about your corporate policies to
numerous groups and friends, both in person and online, until such time as you choose to allow law-
abiding armed citizens in your establishments.

Trusting the employees to do more than calling 911 wouldn't help. All of their employees except for two that I've seen are kids. I've never been upstairs, so I don't know about them.

cheech_029

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
While I don't speak for Mr. Warren or the organization itself, I can assure you that the "security" at the theater is a handpicked staff of peace officers that has recently trimmed off the excess fat.

I am a supporter of concealed carry and do not wish to choose limitation on those who want to exercise their rights. However, I would recommend that those who carry concealed (whether at the Warren or otherwise) develop plans for identifying themselves to law enforcement if something were to happen. Warren Theater has the capability to hold over 6,000 people. "Fit hits the shan" how do you choose friend from foe as well as identify yourself to law enforcement? How does law enforcement know that you are a law-abiding citizen and not a shooter? I imagine that these are some of the concerns, among others, that are considered when an organization chooses whether or not to place a sign on a door.

As most people involved with this thread will understand the preservation of individual rights are imperative. However the pursuit of LIFE, liberty and the pursuit of happiness goes for more than just those who choose to carry their own weapon. There are those less trained and unarmed that should be considered instead of worrying about a meaningless sign at the front entrance. Develop plans of identification for when it gets hot and heavy. Carry your weapon along with knowledge of forethought and preparation.

okiebryan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I spoke to Liz, the manager on duty. She was very polite and considerate, as was I. She indicated that the signs are a reaction to SB1733, and gave me the Moore location's General Manager's email address and recommended that I contact him.

Pat Murphy [email protected]

Latest posts

Top Bottom