Warren Theater in Moore recently posted no guns

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

english kanigit

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am originally from Wichita and if I recall correctly when concealed carry in Kansas first passed the theaters all had what we called the "gun buster sign" placed at all the entrances VERY quickly thereafter. It took much wailing, cajoling and gnashing of teeth but the signs eventually did come down.

I am generally not one to oppose OC and like anything else there's a time and a place for it. That said, the shenanigans of the OC people often bite everyone else in the ass.

Ek

bchandler02

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks for sharing Pat's email. I sent my letter to him as well. So far I have sent it to him, Bill Warren, and Dan (VP?) - as well as via the website form for the corporate office and Moore location.

So far, not 1 response.

I found a thread on ksccw.com talking about the locations in Kansas and what they went through when they first opened there. If anyone is interested, here is the link: http://www.ksccw.com/showthread.php?p=432733#post432733

Hopefully they get enough feedback to reconsider their choice, but it sounds like this could be 1 of many upcoming negative effects of the OC bill.

aarondhgraham

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Unless they frisk me,,,
How are they gonna know?

Not that I would advocate carrying in a posted place,,,
But a mouse gun in my pocket is near invisible.

Aarond

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am generally not one to oppose OC and like anything else there's a time and a place for it. That said, the shenanigans of the OC people often bite everyone else in the ass.

Ek

Why that's just unAmerican to suggest such a thing ... :rolleyes:

I've lost track of how many times I've said pretty much the same thing. It's unfortunate, but there are unintended consequences of every thing. Anyone who didn't see this coming as a consequence of open carry passing here is either unbelievably naive or a fool.

David2012

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Come this November 1st, I don't think that the gun buster signs will be too much to be worried about if you are conceal carrying... if I remember right.. if you carry on a business property that is posted.. the business owner / management will have to ask you to leave first.. then if you refuse to do so immediately, you can be cited for tresspass and violation of the SDA.. but you must be told to leave first! If your weapon is concealed and you are not told to leave... no issue!

bettingpython

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That's too bad. But I don't live near one anyway, all the biggies in Tulsa have been posted as long as I can remember. They won't take the signs down so instead of just carrying past the sign I speak with my wallet. With surround sound receivers, large wide screen format 3D televisions, internet media, blu-ray why do you keep going and wasting money on an industry that doesn't want you?

I enjoy movies more at home than I do in a theater. If I do have to go to a theater concealed is concealed.

My theater serves medium rare ribeye, corn on the cob has a large liquor selection and only the best in beers. And If I have to go use the bathroom I miss none of the movie.

Latest posts

Top Bottom