Warren Theater in Moore recently posted no guns

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hrdware

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm no longer going to debate in this thread with someone who is a leader in the OKOCA and is obviously bias toward open carry.

Good luck with your continuing membership drive as you go through these threads looking for more members. Every church needs sheep to keep it going.

Wow....how do you get bias toward open carry out of anything I have said. As I have said all along, people should choose how they wish to carry. If you look in some of the other threads, I even said I would not open carry all the time. It is situational, but everyone handles situations differently and some may feel fine open carry in a theater while others don't. That choice however should be left up to each individual person.

hrdware

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am bias toward CC in a theater. Not even the leaders of OKOCA think it's a good idea to OC there since they themselves won't do it (check the OKOCA facebook page).

What I said was that I probably would not open carry at the Warren because I generally don't go there. I do not think I would have an issue open carry at any theater that allowed it though. Having said that, it would also depend on the crowd. First midnight showing of a popular release with 300 people stacked and packed...probably not due to the number of people not the venue. Going to a 10 am show after the movie has been out a week or two, probably not an issue. Again, it's about the number of people, not the venue.

Another OKOCA leader said the personally he would not but would not care if others did.

Maverick7340

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm no longer going to debate in this thread with someone who is a leader in the OKOCA and is obviously bias toward open carry.

Good luck with your continuing membership drive as you go through these threads looking for more members. Every church needs sheep to keep it going.

Because of this post, last night I put everyone who has OKOCA in their avatar on my ignore list. As I said I don't wish to debate those who have a bias toward OC and come here looking to recruit new members. I'm just letting those people know your posts won't be seen or replied to.

I enjoy this forum too much to have to deal with organizations that come here with a cause.

David2012

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What with the mass shooting at the Colorado Movie theater complex.. movie theaters owners should have to start providing ample armed security when open.... or else allow people with Carry Licenses to be able to conceal carry & defend themselves. I think to not do so would open the theater owners up to liability claims from anyone who gets hurt because there wasn't suffiecient security provided for them after the Colorado shooting rampage.

Maverick7340

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Since the signs are only a request you DO have a right to CC and defend yourself. If you know the SDA you know where you can and can not carry. A theater is not on the list where you can't carry so by all means CC there and defend yourself.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't think movie theater owners, or any other business owner, should be required to provide security, let me carry, or be liable if they don't. If I choose to go into a posted theater unarmed and something bad happens then I am just as liable as the owner. It's private property and I entered of my own free will...I put myself in that situation. There is no universal right to go to a movie theater.

That being said, I have the freedom of choice and can choose to give my business to those establishments that I deem worthy/safe.

bchandler02

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I will not violate a business's right just as I don't want them to violate mine. If they say no guns, then I read no guns/no money-go away.

I hope some good can come out of the unfortunate events last night and Warren will reconsider their policy. Until then, my home theater will do just fine.

bchandler02

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I emailed Dan (Warren VP) again today and almost immediately got this response:

Billy,
Are signs were removed this morning and we will be putting up new ones within the next couple of weeks that will only stipulate that we will not allow open carry on the premise.
Sincerely,
Dan Gray

What a huge win for all of us.

Latest posts

Top Bottom