We need to support this site now

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thor447

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
OSA is worth it. I enjoy the people and the wealth of knowledge immensely. I just renewed on 12/27, but I'll go ahead and tack on more time.
Just did it, can I get 2 badges, or maybe one badge that says Super Duper Supporter?? :laugh6:

Capture.JPG

SPDguns

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
After thinking about it and reading this thread, I will be renewing at two or five years. I've owe it back because I've generated a little money from my gunsmith work for other members to help keep my doors open. More importantly, I've made a lot of friends here.

I just have to learn to ignore Mr. "New to the Site" and his $2 per round steel case 5.56 ammo....

Roadrunner70

Marksman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Maybe an idea: What about working/talking with local businesses, at least gun related, to get support? The Dealers listings are always bare as bones. I have discussed with quite a few of local gun stores, smiths, and ranges here, they all know of this site, but they do not feel welcomed here and they see it as a waste of time to even be on here. They have ALL moved to Armlist because of this since they get a Premium Vendor Tag which differentiates them from private sellers and you can filter them on/off. Why not offer the same sort of deal to our local gun stores ,etc, that Armslist is doing: Premium Vendor accounts. Give them a special Local Vendor Tag on their account, lock their accounts to Dealer listings sub-forum only. Maybe we could group think on ways to improve their tools here. They get to advertise, you get more financial support to keep the site running. Help keep each other stay alive so to speak. The number of classifieds posts here are shrinking, granted covid isn't helping atm, and its not because of a paywall or limit to the number of posts per month. its because you now have competition in Armslist. And lets be honest and factual here, it is winning. More post on there for private sales than on here everyday of the week. Which saddens me as I'm not a fan of the site, but when I'm looking to buy, i have to use it. This site has to Adapt and Evolve at least a little IMO. As it says on one of my tattoos, partially, from HG Wells: "Adapt or Perish" now as ever, is nature's inexorable imperative.

I'm all for a group think brain storm for additional ways to help bring financial support to keep this site alive. Might make a Sticky Post somewhere hint hint!!

Last edited:

Roadrunner70

Marksman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a hard time putting credit card info on the web.
I do not use checks.
I am a cash guy.
BUT I have a suggestion and I can start off with you guys.

How about a section in the forum for selling things and that money goes to the support of the sight.
The buyer will send the money to the "sight owner" or whoever collects the money then the goods are delivered.. or goods and money delivered at the same time. you get the idea.

I have some old military stuff like a wooden foot locker and canteen and belt and I would even put up some 160gr projectiles
And possibly other stuff for the good of the forum.

For Sale for the good of the Forum.
Or something like that.

You could even do it like an auction deal.
I have a lot of stuff I would give away for the good of the forum and it may bring money.

Not a bad idea. Once this Covid finally dies out, could do a in person annual event for fundraising for the site. Maybe at a local range, well one large enough for alot of ppl. Banner Road/Canadian Gun Range is outdoors comes to mind. Would also help advertise for the site.

saddlebum

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
As soon as I saw the pm a huge Red flag went off for me. Why wasn't there a post in the Site News and Feedback area about "needing support" first rather than sending a pm to everyone. I have never seen any forum PM their users for support let alone not making a post somewhere in the appropriate forum. PM'ing your users for "support" stinks of scammer behavior. If there was a post somewhere in the forum prior to pm'ing i think than it would of been ok to pm everyone. But since there's not, its just inappropriate to pm users for support. And it wasn't even from the owner of the site (which it should have been), just a "Staff Member" who's not even a local. From Altlanta? @Okuma. No offense, and not saying this is a scam but sure smelled like it in the beginning and to be frank, still makes me cautious. You can't be too cautious nowdays as we all know.
umm What? okuma aka Thomas is the site owner and he is in the Atlanta area

Roadrunner70

Marksman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
umm What? okuma aka Thomas is the site owner and he is in the Atlanta area
Says nowhere in his account about Site Owner. No tag etc. Never seen a forum that doesn't have a special tag for the owner of the site. But i re-read the PM and you are correct. Apologies @Okuma. Not seeing a Site Owner tag threw me off. Re-edited my initial post to take out my oversite of not reading the PM thoroughly enough. Still though. Please make a Sticky post about this in the Site News area!

Latest posts

Top Bottom