WEATHER conditions this weekend...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BOTLDPONY

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
do you guys think this little warm up is going to hurt or help the deer movement this weekend? i was thinking it might help alittle as the wind has been really cold and if it warms up a tad maybe they will come out and feed earlier in the daylight hours. i think they should be moving in this cold weather really well too just have not heard of any reports of anything latley.

let me know what you guys think it is starting to get into the colder weeks of hunting and i am trying to stay motivated as i will be there every weekend till the end. keep your hopes up lots of trophy bucks taken after the rut, and with the minimal kills this year might be alot of activity out there.

Good Luck

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
the weather I watched said drizzle and a high of 45 on Saturday.
I know the cold weather will get them out to feed more often. They have to have food to sustain their metabolism. I was at work yesterday afternoon about 1600 hrs, and drove by a wheat field that is across the road from our property. I counted 26 does in the field, and as I drove away more were coming out of the trees. Its only a 15 acre wheat field. Normally we will only see three or four on that field and its right at dark.

With this cold weather, the preferred browse is pretty much dead and gone, so if you have man produced feed areas like a wheat field, or food plots, now is the time to be sitting on one of the trails leading to it.

bill allen

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I plan on going out to our property this weekend. I have not hunted there since Thanksgiving. On our place we are having a record year with the acorn crop so that has hurt us quite a bit. I don't know if the acorns are still good, or not? (Anybody?) As of a week ago we were still not getting much action on our cameras and more rare still were the daytime shots. We have seen only a couple of shooter bucks on film this year, which is unusual. I am not really expecting much action since it is getting warmer for the weekend. If the temperature were dropping to a season low tonight, I would be more optimistic. I think the mild temps are going to hurt deer movement. However, I plan to check the cameras this weekend and if I see enough good sign I may do some bow hunting next week and get a plan for the special doe hunt coming up next weekend. Good luck to you. I hope you get a big one!

Latest posts

Top Bottom