Welder

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You did good. Hell, that 220 extension cord was a hundred bucks before the ends were put on. Looks like a rental bottle. What's the company name on it?

Owner Bottle, he gave me a notoized bill sale for it. It even states “Owner Bottle” stamped on it. I both sets of my Oxy/Acetylene bottles in a local Bottle Co-op. But this Argon I am going to just take to fill. I have a little small bottle Argon that can get me by so no rush on having to full the big bottle.

And good eye on the Polarity, it is set up for flux core now. He never needed gas for what he did. He gave me a sealed spool of Hobart non flux/gas 30g wire. And another partial spool of 35 non flux/gas wire.

Last edited:

kwaynem

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am thoroughly confused lol the mig welder I have you have to switch polarity to run hard wire with gas I have been welding for a living for ove 35 years they make a fluxcore wire where you run gas with it (75/25) same as hard wire like I said my welder you have to change polarity to run gasless flux cored wire if yo get the metal clean and the welder set right hard wire with gas can get proper penetration it may require several passes on beveled material to get the proper strength from a 110 welder but it can be done same as the gasless wire but requires a lot of cleaning between passes

Rustytigwire

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I did some lookin and there is wire out there that runs electrode negative.
Well I be, again... learn something new every day.
Not much light gauge metal in my history. I guess exhaust pipe now n then would count. Gas weld or mig that stuff.
In this shop all of the MIG (.035) and all of the flux core wire .040, and 1/16 dia , carbon, stainless or mix, ran with 75 argon 25 co2 with electrode positive.
I have not had the opportunity to run any wire with negative electrode.
Vessel.JPG

Latest posts

Top Bottom