Welder

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rustytigwire

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Burn through a lot of sheet metal do ya?

I would be interested to hear what wire and diameter and gas and application for negative electrode.
Learn something new everyday.
20230225_081344.jpg

OKRuss

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Glad you brought this topic up. Never used a mig welder. Working construction we'd reverse polarity when welding decking to the bar joices. Damn hard work. I need to sell my Dad's Lincoln idealarc 250 stick Welder so may list here. Has either 50' or 100' for ground and lead. Copper in the leads us worth quite a bit.

panayoti

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Nice machine. You might take the cover off and blow out the dust in internal parts. Make sure you clean your metal where your bead will be. Mig won't burn through crud like 6010/6011 stick. Looks like a good ground clamp. Make sure you weld in well ventilated area flux core smoke is nasty. You might section some of your welds to see if you are getting good penetration. A downside of mig is you can have a pretty looking weld but not have any penetration. You get most of the strength down in the root. I am sure I will get comments from the adolescents on this board. There are tons of welding vids in you tube.

Profreedomokie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Maybe. I bought it today, pick it up in the morning. Good eye!

I have some learning to do. All I have done is Weld Stick all my life Farm/Heavy Equipment. I had a small 110 and sold it to swamprat. So I have not a lot of experience with wire welder.
Wire welding is much easier.

Latest posts

Top Bottom