Well...I reckon it's time...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
For me, it's the feel, the rifle just feels right for me, very very low recoil, easy point-and-shoot, and above all - customizability. I'm not a gunsmith, I'm not going to be cutting and chopping and swapping parts on regular rifles. ARs are modular. It's like the meme says... it's Barbie for men. I've got over a dozen and not one is the same. I build them all slightly different just for the hell of it. Like doctorjj and his Jack the Ripper obsession with knives. lol

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
To separate AR enthusiasts from idiots.
Lol, you must think they're mutually exclusive... :P

For me, it's the feel, the rifle just feels right for me, very very low recoil, easy point-and-shoot, and above all - customizability. I'm not a gunsmith, I'm not going to be cutting and chopping and swapping parts on regular rifles. ARs are modular. It's like the meme says... it's Barbie for men. I've got over a dozen and not one is the same. I build them all slightly different just for the hell of it. Like doctorjj and his Jack the Ripper obsession with knives. lol
Ok, that I can (more/less) understand. :D

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ok, I'm curious...

Why do so many folks want an AR?

I've never understood the desire, unless you feel the need (and do the machine work) to build an alledgedly untraceable firearm. Otherwise, they're basically just a semi-auto rifle.

Is there a huge "cool" factor involved? Or am I missing something? :confused:
I got one because of a few reasons. The recoils is basically nonexistent. They are very accurate. You can do whatever you want to them. Mine are all set up the way I like them to be. You can't do that with other rifles. Plus the round it fires can get the job done for alot of different applications. And yes they are cool. And by the way, mine are all untraceable. They fell in the lake when I had my boating accident. :(

Ignored Member

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
An AR can be used for home defense, hunting, training new shooters and sporting events like 3 gun.
It's easy to use with an endless variety of modularity that is fully customizable by the consumer in their garage with $50 worth of tools.
Multiple calibers can be chambered in it with minimal effort.

There are plenty of reasons why the AR is the most popular rifle in America.

Latest posts

Top Bottom