Well...I reckon it's time...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Burk Cornelius

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yes I am. I did swap in a RA drop-in trigger. Pretty good deal on a no frills AR for $550 + tax, IMO. It has the forward assist and dust cover as well. And a 1:8 twist barrel that I guess is a good all around barrel. I don't claim to be very knowledgeable on that stuff.
Which RA trigger?

posted via Tapatalk

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
GED if you are going to get one, get it right now. I mean RIGHT NOW man. If Hillary wins I feel the last drought may be like a kindergarten playground recess compared to what we will see. I hope I'm wrong and I hope she doesn't win, but it's gonna be bad on every level if she does.

Yeah, I hear ya.

Hopefully, I'll have mine by next weekend. Made a deal with Soonersfan on a Smith & Wesson M&P Sport with Magpul furniture.

Thanx brah! :thumb::thumb:

If I can find a way to make it up to OKC. Working 2 jobs doesn't leave much time for travel.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My 1st AR was a M&P15. That thing would ring steel all day long at 300 yards off the bench with cheap 55 FMJBT blasting ammo, it was actually boring to shoot off the bench. I never even bothered to work up a long range load for it. Never had a single issue with it that wasn't directly traced to weak ammo either. Reloads or factory it all worked as long as it was full power.

ef9turbo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
LOL. Well... I'm a different breed when it comes to rifles. I did just purchase two MP15 Sport 2's for the Killary scare at 6 a piece. They come with one Pmag in the wrapper and a Magpul MBUS rear sight. That's what I'd recommend, but sounds like you already have something in the works.

I personally would run a heavier bullet, something like a 62gr GD for duty.

APH Tactical

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hey Glock,
PSA is good for the money add others have said.
On caliber.... I AM ABSOLUTELY, 100%, IN LOVE WITH 300BLK. I will recomend it to ALMOST anyone, and as i've said before, recomend current 5.56/223 customers, take a more serious look into it. But I did say "ALMOST". I absolutely do not recomend this cartridge to preppers. Which is not only "Doomsday Preppers" bit also includes people like yourself, purchasing a firearm in anticipation of a possibility of a future event to occur. Reguardless... in that future that you are "prepparing" for, 300 Blackout will most likely not be widly available, and unless you have a plan to purchase NOW in bulk from places like freedom Munitions,5.56/223 (Wylde) is probably your best bet.

In closing, if you're just looking for, a toy to enjoy before it becomes illegal, I really hope you enjoy it!
But If you're looking for something to serve you long after.... I would seriously start looking into bulk ammo, as I personally believe that in the future you speak of, ammo prices will skyrocket, starting off with the 25% tax that she strongly supports. Also, the "firearm" is the lower. .. you MUST HAVE THIS prior to any legal changes. The rest, you should be able to wait a bit on, allowing you to save up and own a more accurate and/or reliable upper.

I always offer my $.02, but no one ever gives me a penny for my thoughts. lol,

Take Care,
Mike.

Latest posts

Top Bottom