Well...I reckon it's time...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
To OP, Academy sports had AR's starting at $499 the other day in their flyer. The Tulsa store has about 10- 20 models on the shelf.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
Some people assume everyone asking a basic question is a troll, because they can't imagine a person on a gun forum not knowing everything. After all, they do! LOL

The AR platform is literally form resulting in function, at a very high level. They simply do things at speed that no other platform does. Weight, size, ergonomics, accuracy, recoil, trigger quality, range, caliber and capacity are all infinitely customizable to the user's needs. There simply isn't another platform in existence that does all these things, does them as well and at the relatively low cost the AR does.

These are the reasons it's inarguably the dominant rifle platform of our time.

This is the answer.

Build a 26" bull barreled bench rest tack driver? Yes.

Build a sub 4lb 16" gun including optic? Yes.

Modular? Yes. Multi caliber? Oh yes! More than I can keep track of.

Had my 5 year old cousin shooting mine no problem.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
GED if you are going to get one, get it right now. I mean RIGHT NOW man. If Hillary wins I feel the last drought may be like a kindergarten playground recess compared to what we will see. I hope I'm wrong and I hope she doesn't win, but it's gonna be bad on every level if she does.

jbrentd

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Are you happy with the Ruger?

So far, I'm looking towards it or a Smith & Wesson Sport or Sport II. Is one any better than the other?

Yes I am. I did swap in a RA drop-in trigger. Pretty good deal on a no frills AR for $550 + tax, IMO. It has the forward assist and dust cover as well. And a 1:8 twist barrel that I guess is a good all around barrel. I don't claim to be very knowledgeable on that stuff.

Latest posts

Top Bottom