Well...I reckon it's time...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
An AR can be used for home defense, hunting, training new shooters and sporting events like 3 gun.
It's easy to use with an endless variety of modularity that is fully customizable by the consumer in their garage with $50 worth of tools.
Multiple calibers can be chambered in it with minimal effort.

There are plenty of reasons why the AR is the most popular rifle in America.
That's the reason its called the modern sporting rifle.

POKE1911

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I can't tell if Mac is serious or trolling. I'm going with the latter or his only knowledge of firearms comes from MSNBC. How would an AR be untraceable, but any other semi auto rifle would not be?

Last edited:

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ok, I'm curious...

Why do so many folks want an AR?

I've never understood the desire, unless you feel the need (and do the machine work) to build an alledgedly untraceable firearm. Otherwise, they're basically just a semi-auto rifle.

Is there a huge "cool" factor involved? Or am I missing something? :confused:
Yep, you're missing something!

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I can't tell if Mac is serious or trolling. I'm going with the latter or his only knowledge of firearms comes from MSNBC. How would an AR be untraceable, but any other semi auto rifle would not be, under any rational thought process.
Never in my life (I'm 59, and got my first computer in 1990) have I been accused of "trolling" for asking questions, except on two Oklahoma gun forums which I just joined this year (I'm sure most of you can guess the other one).

Asking questions is a good way to learn stuff in the real world, but I guess for some reason that doesn't apply here. But don't worry, I'll try to not make that mistake again.

POKE1911

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Never in my life (I'm 59, and got my first computer in 1990) have I been accused of "trolling" for asking questions, except on two Oklahoma gun forums which I just joined this year (I'm sure most of you can guess the other one).

Asking questions is a good way to learn stuff in the real world, but I guess for some reason that doesn't apply here. But don't worry, I'll try to not make that mistake again.

Apologies if my post offended you. We have had a lot of trolls around here lately. It seemed, to me at least that you we assuming the only desire for the AR platform would be illegal ones.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Some people assume everyone asking a basic question is a troll, because they can't imagine a person on a gun forum not knowing everything. After all, they do! LOL

The AR platform is literally form resulting in function, at a very high level. They simply do things at speed that no other platform does. Weight, size, ergonomics, accuracy, recoil, trigger quality, range, caliber and capacity are all infinitely customizable to the user's needs. There simply isn't another platform in existence that does all these things, does them as well and at the relatively low cost the AR does.

These are the reasons it's inarguably the dominant rifle platform of our time.

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I get the 80% piece, but in the context of his post it didn't sound as that is what he is referring to and implys that the only all ARs fall in that category.

Sidenote. Isn't it a felony to complete an 80% and not register it.
You can personally build one. But, you can't legally sell it without calling BATFE and getting an assigned serial number and stamping/engraving it.
We have no registration in Okla.

Latest posts

Top Bottom