Well I saw my first baiter today.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Going to be r007a for a bit and stir the pot.:) Is it ok for LE to hide somewhere off the road side and get you for speeding with a radar gun? You know it's against the law to go, say, 75mph in a 65mph. Just as it is against the law to shoot a deer off the road. Are they not baiting you with a speed limit sign? What's the difference? Ok, back to reality now.:)

r00s7a

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Those are not fair comparisons. Let's compare apples and apples.

Topless girls (who are really working for LEO) pass a man at 75 mph in a 65 mph zone, waving and motorboating each other. Man cannot turn that down, so he speeds up to 75 to catch them boobies, only to get pulled over by LEO waiting ahead. Was that fair by the LEO to use such tactics?

That is how I see putting a humongous mechanical deer by the side of the road. You just might get someone to shoot, that would otherwise never do such a thing. I know it is a stretch, and I don't 100% support my own argument, but parts of me do... cause I'm the guy that would get busted for chasing the topless women! haha

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you followed the Smith Driver Training, you would catch them on the next traffic light. LOL I would already be doing 75 so I would probably miss them unless they were in my truck.
Those are not fair comparisons. Let's compare apples and apples.

Topless girls (who are really working for LEO) pass a man at 75 mph in a 65 mph zone, waving and motorboating each other. Man cannot turn that down, so he speeds up to 75 to catch them boobies, only to get pulled over by LEO waiting ahead. Was that fair by the LEO to use such tactics?

That is how I see putting a humongous mechanical deer by the side of the road. You just might get someone to shoot, that would otherwise never do such a thing. I know it is a stretch, and I don't 100% support my own argument, but parts of me do... cause I'm the guy that would get busted for chasing the topless women! haha

ElkStalkR

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
r00,

I see what you are saying. I agree to some extent. I don't mind the decoys but I don't think they should be slapping 150" + antlers on top of their heads either. Like you said its just baiting people that probably would normally never consider it. Put a little basket rack out there or even a doe. If they stop and shoot that thing they are most likely habitual road hunters.

AllOut

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Going to be r007a for a bit and stir the pot.:) Is it ok for LE to hide somewhere off the road side and get you for speeding with a radar gun? You know it's against the law to go, say, 75mph in a 65mph. Just as it is against the law to shoot a deer off the road. Are they not baiting you with a speed limit sign? What's the difference? Ok, back to reality now.:)

Let's keep this pot nice and stirred up lol

Ok, what your saying is about how they post a law and let you know what the regs are as far as speed limits go. A 65 mph sign is just lettin you know how fast you could legally go. What would be comparable would be a sign on the side of the road or out in field that say "no shooting from road/vehicle" but instead they just print I out in a free regs book.
What we are arguing is the "method" used to catch people breaking those laws. Not just catching people but trying to pressure of force people to do things they may not normally do.

As far as this type of conversations goes, LEO do things they aren't allowed to do all the time to catch people. Breaking a "minor" law to catch someone breaking a "minor" law like speeding makes the LEO just as bad of a guy to me.

Sampson

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Everyone seems to be missing the point as to why this is illegal, let alone dangerous. How weak you must be if you feel the temptation to act just because theirs a big buck standing in the field or a hot babe standing on the corner. Road hunters are pieces of crap and steal the legal animals the rest of us are hunting. I would gladly let them put any " bait " on my farm, because if their willing to shoot from the road for a coyote then I'll bet a 170 inch buck standing in the field will be shot as well. It's not entrapment, we all know it's illegal to shoot from the road. Besides they will cut your fence to drive through your field to cut the head off the buck they just shot. If your willing to commit one crime, why not two!

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Everyone seems to be missing the point as to why this is illegal, let alone dangerous. How weak you must be if you feel the temptation to act just because theirs a big buck standing in the field or a hot babe standing on the corner. Road hunters are pieces of crap and steal the legal animals the rest of us are hunting. I would gladly let them put any " bait " on my farm, because if their willing to shoot from the road for a coyote then I'll bet a 170 inch buck standing in the field will be shot as well. It's not entrapment, we all know it's illegal to shoot from the road. Besides they will cut your fence to drive through your field to cut the head off the buck they just shot. If your willing to commit one crime, why not two!

I'm with ya brother!

VIKING

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not sure about the coyote thing compared to a 150 inch buck. I bet if everyone that ever shot at a coyote from the road had to leave this forum immediately then this place would get mighty lonesome. Type what you want but I for one know that most of the time when someone points a finger then they have 4 fingers pointing back at themselves. I know I sure do.

jcizzle

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Going to be r007a for a bit and stir the pot. Is it ok for LE to hide somewhere off the road side and get you for speeding with a radar gun? You know it's against the law to go, say, 75mph in a 65mph. Just as it is against the law to shoot a deer off the road. Are they not baiting you with a speed limit sign? What's the difference? Ok, back to reality now.

Kinda my thoughts about unmarked police vehicles doing traffic stops. It's about baiting. If it were really about safety, they'd be in black-and-whites because what do people do when they see one? They slow down. It's not about getting folks to slow down and drive safely. It's about taking advantage of human nature and making them feel unwatched so they can generate revenue.

At least though game wardens catch people poaching but don't do it themselves. They actually believe in the job they do. Too many traffic cops will write others a ticket then exceed the limit themselves. They don't even believe in their job and it's purpose.

Latest posts

Top Bottom