Went to LDS storehouse today

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

okietom

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am LDS and I don't know very much about the store house. I DO know that the LDS church started "prepping" way before it was considered "prepping". A 72 hour emergency kit has been advocated for many years. It is now going mainstream. The food storage plans of the LDS church has a long history.

I also know that the workers there are not exactly volunteers. They have been asked by church leadership to do that work. It is their church "calling" which is supposed to strengthen their faith.

Some brownies would be welcome. If you would ask them about the church it would get them excited. You could ask about why and when the church started "prepping". It would be interesting for both of you.

ImTheDude

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
11224 s. Meridian
Oklahoma City‎ OK‎ 73173
(405) 691-6788

Almost everything they sell comes in #10 cans already sealed and ready to go and is any where from 1/4 to 1/2 the price of sites like honeyville. Here's what we picked up, potato flakes, powdered milk, white rice, pinto beans, red wheat, white wheat, apple slices, macaroni noodles and spaghetti a bites. In large bags that I'll have to seal up we got dehydrated carrots, onions and white beans. They also have black beans and pinto beans, but were sold out. To give you an idea on the price, the black beans were $.60 a lb and wal mart they're $1.87 a lb.

pnuner

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score

ImTheDude

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The online LSD store is quite a bit more expensive than the physical store.

Just ran the numbers on the wheat, Walmart is $.54 a lb, i paid LDS $.55 a pound. Benefit of LDS though is its in the #10 cans.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am LDS and I don't know very much about the store house. I DO know that the LDS church started "prepping" way before it was considered "prepping". A 72 hour emergency kit has been advocated for many years. It is now going mainstream. The food storage plans of the LDS church has a long history.

I also know that the workers there are not exactly volunteers. They have been asked by church leadership to do that work. It is their church "calling" which is supposed to strengthen their faith.

Some brownies would be welcome. If you would ask them about the church it would get them excited. You could ask about why and when the church started "prepping". It would be interesting for both of you.

Ahhhh ... see?? That's how rumors get started ... :teehee: thanks for setting me straight.

GC would threaten to beat me severely about the head and shoulders but I would ask them about the church even if you hadn't prompted me to. I'm no scholar by any stretch of the imagination but I do like to visit with most folks about what interests them and why they do the things they do. Never know what you might learn.

Now that you've posted here it seems like we've had an LDS thread here before and you posted in it also. My memory-foo is not good this morning -- yet ... lol

yukonjack

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

I remember when I was an active LDS they said we should have a 1 year supply of food. That's a lot of food. When we moved from Ketchikan I think I left the new owners of our house 10 5-gallon buckets of wheat out in the storage shed. I also left the hand cranked grinder out there too.

ImTheDude

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
They had new hours posted on the door and I can't remember if it said they were open on Fridays, might be a good idea to call before you head down there on Friday.

jrusling

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I stopped by three today. The phone number is 692-2883 and the address is 11224 S Meridian Ave. It will be the 2nd building on the left when you go south from 104th. The hours are Wed 9 am to 3 pm, Thur 4 pm to 8 pm, and Sat 10 am to 2 pm.

I have their order/price list. If you want a copy, pm me with your email address.

Latest posts

Top Bottom