What AR/Ak ammo for H&H Range?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RatTerrier

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thats what I always thought so I did a test. Took a wolf steel case 7.62x39 and pulled the bullet from the case, then I stuck a neo magnet to the bullet, its a bi metal jacket for sure because that magnet didnt want to come loose from it.

Interesting, thanks for postin that up! I just figured Wolf to be a steel case with a FMJ projectile.

Buddhaman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well guys, thanks for all the advice on ammo but it looks like our range visit has changed to Thunderbird Range. We were planning on renting some of the full-auto guns at H&H but they don't rent them on the weekend. At least I know what to look for if I ever head to H&H.

Cowboy2000

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I went to H and H last weekend to shoot. They had a waiting list for an hour. I'm not sitting for an hour just to shoot a few rounds. I drove down to Banner road and paid ten bucks to shoot at canadian gun range, outdoors. It was hotter than hell, but the old guy that runs the place is nice guy. You can shoot whatever you want out there, steel, etc..I can't remember if you shoot shotguns out there or not, anyway, I'm going there instead of H and H from now on.

DaveG

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
H&H is not a bad place to go if you do not mind waiting for a lane on weeends. I have had more luck with short waits of early mornings or week nights. They normally insit that my AR ammo be US made.

DavidWOwens

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I went to H and H last weekend to shoot. They had a waiting list for an hour. I'm not sitting for an hour just to shoot a few rounds. I drove down to Banner road and paid ten bucks to shoot at canadian gun range, outdoors. It was hotter than hell, but the old guy that runs the place is nice guy. You can shoot whatever you want out there, steel, etc..I can't remember if you shoot shotguns out there or not, anyway, I'm going there instead of H and H from now on.

I don't shoot there anymore due to all the unsafe conditions in which were presented to me on several trips to Canadian Ranges, and the old man didnt seem to care.

For that range when you are going to go look/change your target its a common known rule to get everybody's attention prior to going down to target area so its clear to go out. You dont just walk out in the middle of it while somebody is shooting their rifle!
That has happened multiple times, they never even tried to get my attention. Very unsafe and I wont go back

okiebryan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

I went to H&H last night to sight in a new revolver, and I got in immediately. It is just a crapshoot on when you go. It's a popular place and for good reason.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

No shotguns at Harry's ... And yes, he is a sweetheart. Somebody posted that he didn't seem to care about a safety issue. That has NEVER been the case when we were out there. He'd run dumbasses off in a heartbeat ...

Like others have said, H&H is a crap shoot, literally ... sometimes we get in fast, sometimes we don't.

bearpaws

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
H&H has been swamped with people waiting to shoot when I'd visit at 3pm to 5 pm weekdays. There must be some certain time to go when range business drops off!?

Latest posts

Top Bottom