what are you enjoying tonight?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Son bought a bottle of this !! Never had it before and have to say Pretty good stuff. Have a finger to finish then I will drink the Stolichnaya to compare.View attachment 159283
Try it with a lemon wedge, hard to beat
Tito's is ok... then I tried Dripping Springs and Western Son.
Y'all drink vodka straight? Isn't the best vodka supposed to be tasteless? I though it was only for making cocktails.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Y'all drink vodka straight? Isn't the best vodka supposed to be tasteless? I though it was only for making cocktails.

Exactly my point. No, I DON'T drink vodka straight. I have done shots, and some of the best out there (supposedly). Grey Goose, Chopin, Belvedere, etc. The only ones I could do shots with and actually not despise them were Western Son and Dripping Springs. They are as close to tasteless as I could find, just smooth, clean, no aftertaste. Oh man. yes, vodka is a mixer, as far as I am concerned. And these American made multi-distilled vodkas are bomb, and they are cheap, to boot!

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Good vodka will give you an initial flavor/heat and then once you swallow it goes away. Generally speaking I drink vodka tonics for a summer drink but on occasion I will drink it neat for a change. @tRidiot I have found that the "best" out there is pretty subjective LOL.
Stoli the heat does not go away but the taste does , Titos everything goes away after you swallow it.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think one of my favorites used to be a Mexican Sweat. Three fingers Tequila and three dashes of Tabasco. I got toilet huggin grass slappin drunk on about twenty two of those one night.

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Sazerac_Rye_2000x.jpg
Couple shots and a couple cubes in a tumbler ......... Smooth, a little pepper ,touch of sweet.
Leaves a lingering bitter note that is kind of different but enjoyable.

Next round will be neat, see where that goes!
Friday boys and girls , cheers and for those who enjoy spirits lift one for our friend Druryj!! Those who don't keep our brother in your thoughts!!!!

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Sazerac_Rye_2000x.jpg
Couple shots and a couple cubes in a tumbler ......... Smooth, a little pepper ,touch of sweet.
Leaves a lingering bitter note that is kind of different but enjoyable.

Next round will be neat, see where that goes!
Friday boys and girls , cheers and for those who enjoy spirits lift one for our friend Druryj!! Those who don't keep our brother in your thoughts!!!!
I've never tried Sazerac Rye but I am a big fan of Pikesville Rye from Heaven Hill.

It's little brother, Rittenhouse Rye Bottled In Bond, is a great bargain IMO.

I drink them both neat and I will occasionally add some Rittenhouse to my coffee.

Latest posts

Top Bottom