what are you enjoying tonight?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

freewookie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had some of that a while back at a pizza place here in Norman. I was impressed with it. I honestly ordered it just because of the name, as I hadn't heard of it before. If I drank more often, I'd definitely get some of that.

It’s not Balvanie Caribbean Cask but it’s a reasonably priced drinkable scotch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
May have to try that. I like a little Scotch every now and again.

Glenmorange 10 is a good inexpensive Scotch.

If you like peated whisky, Talisker 10 is one of my favorites. It's not cheap, but it's less expensive than Lagavulin 16 which is excellent, but only a very special occasion pour on my budget.

freewookie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Glenmorange 10 is a good inexpensive Scotch.

If you like peated whisky, Talisker 10 is one of my favorites. It's not cheap, but it's less expensive than Lagavulin 16 which is excellent, but only a very special occasion pour on my budget.

I avoid the peated ones. I don’t like feeling like I’m drinking from an ashtray. [emoji1787]

Started drinking scotch a few years back on a Vegas trip. Johnny Walker Black...I’ve come a long way since then.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Reaction score
I avoid the peated ones. I don’t like feeling like I’m drinking from an ashtray. [emoji1787]

Started drinking scotch a few years back on a Vegas trip. Johnny Walker Black...I’ve come a long way since then.

I love a good peated single malt whisky. They are my favorites.

JW Black was one of my first smoky whisky buys. It was very disappointing for me.

For an inexpensive blended scotch with a little peat I recommend Teacher's Highland Cream. It is much better than the JW Black in my opinion.

freewookie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I love a good peated single malt whisky. They are my favorites.

JW Black was one of my first smoky whisky buys. It was very disappointing for me.

For an inexpensive blended scotch with a little peat I recommend Teacher's Highland Cream. It is much better than the JW Black in my opinion.

Yeah I think I bought one bottle of JWB after I got back from that trip. That was the last bottle. Oban’s 14 is another one of my favorites along with Dalmore’s 12.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Reaction score
I got to try a whiskey that I've been interested in for a while but I haven't seen it around my area for about three years now.

A friend brought this bottle back from a trip up north.

The Sexton Single Malt Irish Whiskey
xtixcm5jgph21.jpg

It is a very good Irish Single Malt aged in sherry casks for under $30.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom