What are you Prepping for?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Werewolf

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Every now and then...

When there's nothing else to do I occassionaly turn on the NG channel and stumble into a show about preppers. Happened last night. Watched a show that covered a family whose mom and dad were firearms instructors. Lived in the woods. Had 5 or 6 kids and were prepping for a situation where hyper inflation (I think that was their thing) had become the norm. They were prepping to be self sufficient livers off of the land types.

I've seen other episodes of that show on occassion and they all have different reasons for prepping and those reasons usually impact their preps.

So what are you prepping for, the apocalypse, WWIII, blue hats, financial collapse, government collapse, foreign invasion, asteroid strike, zombie plague, alien invasion or something else.

Inquiring minds want to know.

jrusling

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think the most likely is a long term power outage, meaning over a week. I suspect that we will have one close to a month long one before too long.

cal7.62x39

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I am prepping for the time when all the 47M on food stamps dont get them....and start going hungry......robbing-looting--riots---marauding bands---society breaks down....

+1. When the people who suck on the teet of our country bleed it dry they will be looking for there next free meal in your pantry.

OKCShooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I prep for anything that could possible harm my Family. Looters, lack of utilities, chaos that could disrupt getting Medical attention and mostly for the time where there could be Martial Law.

subprep

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm prepping for when the grocery stores go bare. It doesn't matter why, but the result will be the same--desperation and chaos.

no joke grocery shelves go bare so quickly. I remember the last winter storm we had, I took my daughter to wal mart just to show her what the store looked like. She couldn't believe her eyes.
I like to keep stocked up for stuff like that. Winter storms, power outages etc. Honestly, Im not a great prepper :-/ I wish I was though Just finding the resources and time.

Latest posts

Top Bottom