What are you Prepping for?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
For me, it would be another Depression. I think it will be a little tougher this go-around.

I hope you are wrong, but I'm afraid you are right. This is at the top of my "what if's" in terms of long-term events that I think might happen ...

no joke grocery shelves go bare so quickly. I remember the last winter storm we had, I took my daughter to wal mart just to show her what the store looked like. She couldn't believe her eyes.
I like to keep stocked up for stuff like that. Winter storms, power outages etc. Honestly, Im not a great prepper :-/ I wish I was though Just finding the resources and time.

No kidding ... I was working out of town in 2007. I counted the pennies in my "mad money" jar to put gas in my car to get back home (ATMs weren't working). We were without electricity for a week. Spooked the ever-loving snot outta me. I wasn't a prepper back then. Good thing GC didn't ever pay attention to my ribbing about how "oh that will never happen" ... :rolleyes2

Now, I'm more into it than he is. When our power went out after this last little storm that blew through (wind gust blew down a neighbor's tree a couple weeks ago, took out a pole and the line that was on it) he kept saying "Oh, do I need to get the generator out." I was like, "Nope, just stay outta the fridge and the freezer. If it's not back on in another 24 hours then we'll break it out. Go get you a Dinty-Moore thingee outta BB-Mart for dinner." :D Sure felt good not to have to run around and be all spooked ...

BUT ... I'm thinking I "need" one of those whole house generators ... You know ... The one that runs on natural gas and kicks on automatically when the electricity goes out ... :naughty: :D

Dakota Safe

Marksman
Reaction score
Practical Preparation would fit the bill for most folks. People need to come to the realization that the grocery stores and trucks could stop at anytime and the idea that you can go to the grocery store for every meal every day like it is your personal pantry is a facade that will crack some day and all you will have on hand is what is in you refrigerator and freezer and meager collection of cans and dried hamburger helper in your cupboard. The idea that most of us live by is to prepare our pantries and reserves for more than just a day to day way of life. If anyone has lived out in the country 100 miles away from Walmart you would know that you have to buy enough to sustain you until the next trip to town whether that be a week or a month away. "Preppers" just take it that extra step and look toward a longer existence without the conveniences of running down to the local store whenever you want. Someday it may not be there. If all goes well and it will still be there than great. We just have food on hand that we paid less for than what you can buy now since hyperinflation and no more corn products because all the bees are dead.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yea and I am cute too! :D :D

Seriously the more I look, the more I see that the whole economy is nothing but a house of cards.

Yeah, that's true (the "house of cards" thing ... Well the "cute" thing too! :D). However, I believe they still have a ways to go before it falls in on itself ... Of course, now that I've put that in writing, it'll all go south tomorrow ... :(

Latest posts

Top Bottom