what are you using for coyotes (gun)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shepherm

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think the 270 is hated more than loved. Just about everyone iv talked to about the round, says it shoots great but it dont kill great.

I have shot lots of deer with the 270 and 7 rem mag with both easy kills on deer. It’s more about shot placement and bullets. As for the others who say they aren't accurate well I took a nice coyote head shot (that’s the only shot I had) at 200yrd with ease. Also it depends on the maker of the gun and much more things other than the caliber itself to be fair.

Anyways back to the topic I now have a Colt accurized for coyotes, but I am building a 6x45 AR15 for my yote hunting. My colt shoots very well now but I can’t bring myself to paint it and the stainless barrel is kind of bight. The 6x45 are sweet rounds for varmint and predator hunting and added with the ar15 is one of the great rounds that seem to be overlooked.

Hawkeye60

Marksman
Supporting Member
Supporter
Reaction score
Ruger Target Mini 14 with a 6-24X50 mildot, 30mm tube Osprey scope. Savage model 10 26 in. bull barrel, target stock 223 with Millet 6-18 scope. Also use a Remington 700 270 with a standard 22 in. barrel and leupold 3-9X50mm VX-II. They all work great in different settings depending on the terrain.

Latest posts

Top Bottom