What did you do in the reloading room today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Profreedomokie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I finished separating crimped 9mm brass out of about 2500 rounds. I ran one load of .223 in my pin tumbler. Then I ran a load of 9mm in the pin tumbler. I separated crimped rounds of .223 brass out of a batch of about 400 rounds. These 10 seconds I've got a batch of 9mm drying out in my Franklin dryer.

Dumpstick

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Got tired of it peening the mouth of my cases, but the cases are cleaner than virgin, went back to cob only after sizing for 30min. If I could get away from any lube I don’t think I would clean at all.
It's not necessary to clean off the lube. I've reloaded some rifle rounds 15 times or more without cleaning at all. I wipe off the brass after firing; that's it, and usually just the neck gets wiped off.
Then reload as usual.
That bit of sizing lube doesn't cause problems.

bas402

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's not necessary to clean off the lube. I've reloaded some rifle rounds 15 times or more without cleaning at all. I wipe off the brass after firing; that's it, and usually just the neck gets wiped off.
Then reload as usual.
That bit of sizing lube doesn't cause problems.
Yup on my 308 based calibers I would agree but I have had issues doing it with my magnums

Dumpstick

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Loaded some 44 mag with CBI powder.
20231207_155352.jpg

On the left is some leftover (from 2015 or so?) Missouri Bullet 240gr TCFP that I got tired of looking at. I had fewer than 100 and just wanted to get them gone. I loaded 70 rounds yesterday to about 1000 fps and went out behind the barn to shoot a few; took a Taurus M44 and a Ruger Redhawk with me.
Before I knew it, all 70 rounds were gone.

So I loaded 70 more today. This batch is just a tad spicier, running about 1050-1100 fps. CBI powder is a fairly fast powder, I think somewhere around HP-38 speed. It's not for full-power Mag loads.

On the right is my standby bullet for casual 44 shooting; the Lee tumble-lube 240grSWC. Home cast of 1/2 pure & 1/2 wheel weights, tumbled in 45-45-10.

I'm thinking to try them in a CVA single shot.

Latest posts

Top Bottom