What did you do in the reloading room today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Powder Valley has LRP.

and they will be keeping, as far as I'm concerned. $109.95 / 1000 + shipping + HazMat.

No thanks, I'm getting low on stock, but I'm not desperate.

Last edited:

GnometownHero

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Trying out loading the Barnes 127gr LRX over 27.1gr of AR Comp for my 20" 6.5 Grendel. Going to 100yd water jug test and group tightness.
I recently watched a video of some Grendel gel testing and the sound the 127gr bullet impact was really a loud whop louder than the others tested. I liked how good the energy dump on target was as it lifted gel 4" and twisted the gel and stopped just as ìt hit the water jug.
X bullet perfect performance and weighing 126.8gr post impact. The video said muzzle velocity was right at 2475fps in the test from a 18" barrel. Mine is a 20" so I am hoping 2500+ fps happens.
Good whitetail round to dump all it's energy on target and not just zip through. I hope my AR likes it with tight group and enough velocity to expand. 120gr Nosler ballistic tip bullets hit hard but did not stay together and Hornady zipped through and did not anchor the deer.

Bill_Long_Tan

Marksman
Reaction score
Didn't see one of these posts here, so I wanted to start one. Maybe petition the mods for a sticky?

Anyway, today I decapped, reamed/ uniformed primer pockets and debured flash holes on two different lots of 7.62 brass.

My fingers are shot!
View attachment 327140
I tried to fix a balky ac unit before it gets even hotter in there...

clintbailey

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Went and tried the 105 gr 243 loads this evening, just stuck the rifle in my Bogpod and sat down behind it around 50ish yards, seems like they stabilized fine to me (nevermind my "target" junk mail stapled to scrap sheetrock)...
20240623_211559.jpg

greytdanehouse

Marksman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Worked up a ladder batch for 7.62x39 and WC-846. 123 gr FMJ.

Started at 27 and worked up to 28.5. Will be shooting out of a 20" AR.

It's only going to be 100 tomorrow so hopefully I can get out back for a bit early to see how they group and also not burst into flame.

greytdanehouse

Marksman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Went and tried the 105 gr 243 loads this evening, just stuck the rifle in my Bogpod and sat down behind it around 50ish yards, seems like they stabilized fine to me (nevermind my "target" junk mail stapled to scrap sheetrock)...
I got that same flyer.

Latest posts

Top Bottom