What did you do in the reloading room today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SPOONBILL

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Woke up at 2:30 wide awake and sized 100 pieces of brass for an upcoming match. Tumbled them for a bit then trimed and chamfered. This evening I will get around to running fhem through a mandrel and finish them out. I have to get around to teaching my trunk monkey to reload. Little sonofabitch🤣

Shriner2.0

Marksman
Supporting Member
Supporter
Reaction score
About 5 lb #00 Buckshot.
Lee buckshot mold likes run hot 1000* with Tin/lead 1/10 mix

Attachments

• 20240831_142552.jpg
    20240831_142552.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My order from Ballistic Products got here yesterday evening, and I loaded up a few slugs with a recipe I found on the Hodgdon website. I shot a couple before dark, and I think it’s going to work. I found recipe on another site that I intend to try when I get home this evening.

The wads for the tungsten loads were in the order, so now I can dig further into that rabbit hole.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
For whatever reason, I’ve decided to learn to roll crimp shotgun shells. I researched crimping tools, and the one I wanted that would attach to my RCBS rockchucker press is out of stock. The manufacturer is in Canada and not forthcoming with when they might be available. The one I bought is similar but attaches to my bench and may or may not be manufactured in Russia, but I bought it off Amazon for about a quarter what the Canadian set up would’ve cost. I’m still learning to use it and am probably going to figure out a mount where the hulls can stand up instead of laying down, because for slugs, it’s ok but won’t work as well if using loose shot even with an over shot card.
I found some load data and decided to cut down some old 3” Activ hulls and practice on them.
The tool is simple and seems well made for under $50.
I used a hacksaw to cut these hulls down and a skiver to smooth them out, but I have a used hull trimmer on the way now to hopefully make this easier.
IMG_1184.jpeg

IMG_1185.jpeg

Latest posts

Top Bottom