What % do you carry?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I carry ______% of the time.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ratski

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'd have to say it is really between 90 and 100% of the time I am not in my house.

In the house, usually one close enough

In the car: always

Out of the car: as "always" as the law allows

At work: I'm the owner and the boss, so I set policy.

Dave

grizzly97

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
About 90% of the time. I have noticed that toting a gun on a date sometimes rather surprises (astonishes, infuriates, baffles, etc) the lady I'm with, so I might (maybe, maybe not) leave it behind if I'm going out with someone new. (And just admitting the fact up front has ruined at least one otherwise promising encounter.)

I went on a date once with one girl, and when we got back to her house, I asked if she was scared of guns. She replied "no", so I leaned back (we were sitting on her couch) and pulled out my G19 (had it IWB appendix carry) and sat it on the table. She then says, "I wish I'd known you had that all night. It makes me feel safe to know the man I'm with is armed. Plus guns are sexy." :) What better of a response could a guy hope for?!?!

rebelracer79

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
grizzly97 said:
I went on a date once with one girl, and when we got back to her house, I asked if she was scared of guns. She replied "no", so I leaned back (we were sitting on her couch) and pulled out my G19 (had it IWB appendix carry) and sat it on the table. She then says, "I wish I'd known you had that all night. It makes me feel safe to know the man I'm with is armed. Plus guns are sexy." :) What better of a response could a guy hope for?!?!

Did you marry her?lol

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I guess I am one of the oddballs as I seldom EVER carry. So, since there was not a "seldom ever carry" category, I had to go with 0%. However, the part what refers to being scared of guns sure doesn't apply.

I guess I'm so old and ugly that no one has ever tried anything with me. It sure can't be because I'm menacing.

Terry

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
About 90% of the time. I have noticed that toting a gun on a date sometimes rather surprises (astonishes, infuriates, baffles, etc) the lady I'm with, so I might (maybe, maybe not) leave it behind if I'm going out with someone new. (And just admitting the fact up front has ruined at least one otherwise promising encounter.)

I almost made a thread called "How/when do you tell a date you're a gun nut?" last year. I wanted to know if anyone ever got "made" after a date that went physical before you could bring it up, and what the reaction of the other party was. Sadly I haven't needed that advice for while. :rollingla

I tend to associate with liberal types quite a bit, and luckily it hasn't been a huge issue yet, but I'm sure I have a freak-out in my future. I have noticed that guns seem to be gaining more widespread social acceptance among all types of folk, at least in the younger crowds - so that's good.

I always went unarmed because I don't have the balls to do this:

I don't carry as much as I should I guess, namely because the nature of my work is such that accidentally exposing any method of carry besides pocket is a likely concurrence. Guess I should get a good pocket gun.

And if I go out somewhere, odds are it's not a place where I *should* be carrying a gun, so I just don't.

Latest posts

Top Bottom