What does my car/truck know about me???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TANSTAAFL

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You probably know all about your vehicle, the engine size, transmission, type and weight of oil and other fluids, HP and Torque, but what does your car know about you? What information is it collecting? This topic comes up occasionally in this forum, but privacy and the 4th Amendment. I found this site and tried it out, pretty scary stuff:

Just want to skip to what data your car is collecting? Go here: https://vehicleprivacyreport.com/

It also has an option to help you delete data from your car, I have not tried this: https://privacy4cars.com/personal-use/delete-data-from-a-car/

One of my vehicles is basically a mobile hard drive, what are others finding?

SPDguns

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I hate the AI. I have a '24 Silverado. I will search a location on my phone when I am out of my truck and when I get in my truck it will pop up on the map. STOP CREEPING ON ME! In addition, there is a third party that records hard stops and starts and they report the data to insurance companies.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My cars know that I love them and will care for them and take them racing or hunting/fishing every now and then.
I sometimes pat my cars on the dash or rub the fenders and tell them you are a good car.
They get very excited when they get the chance to pull a newer computer controlled vehicle home.
My cars are so happy.

T. MIKE SMITH

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It's like my 2nd wife- a real love- hate deal- I do real estate appraising, and the mapping is nice and handy. I get it that my info is being collected, not just from the car, but everything you do- order Amazon- Ebay- whoever- I use a service called White pages to check out people wanting to rent a property. I can find out prior addresses so you can look up prior rental home owners/ phone numbers/ emails, etc. If I want to pay a little extra- criminal records. I don't' think there's any hiding anymore unless you just go to the store, pay cash and don't talk. But of course, you are being videoed by time and what was purchased by you. The detective shows solve a lot of cases by reviewing videos at the crime or from receipts in the vehicle, etc by going to the retail location and looking through videos.

Last edited:

TANSTAAFL

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Actually appreciate those who drive older vehicles and this may not be as big an issue. It surprised me that more was captured than I expected on my latest vehicle (a 2024.) Curious though about those that have 2012 on up, and what they are finding. May have to sell my Bronco and get a 1968 or a 1990 with all this crud it is collecting. The data collection makes me feel like I'm 16 and my Dad in the backseat while I'm on a date...

TANSTAAFL

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Here is my report...

FordPrivacy.jpg

At least no biometrics, so they don't know when I'm farting....

Latest posts

Top Bottom