What happens if the internet dies?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thor447

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Maybe people would learn how to interact with others again. This new generation, for the most part, has ZERO clue about social interaction, manners, respect for others, etc. Just look at the nightly news. My parents and grandparents demanded respect, and if my brothers and I didn't give it, lord help us.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Maybe people would learn how to interact with others again. This new generation, for the most part, has ZERO clue about social interaction, manners, respect for others, etc. Just look at the nightly news. My parents and grandparents demanded respect, and if my brothers and I didn't give it, lord help us.
That's what I love about this RV lifestyle we are going through now. Group dinners in the evening with friends, while morning are spent drinking coffee and visiting.
Day trips to places of interest, fishing trips, or trips to the range to shoot.

Getting ready to watch the persoid meteor shower.

View attachment 173264

View attachment 173265

View attachment 173266

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
2C53A20D-E4D6-40CB-8B2D-D6AC76B5D49D.jpeg
3CA01594-40BA-4F05-8C12-95A4A21D89A4.jpeg
07B5C9CE-A466-42CD-8BEB-903B6EEC32D8.jpeg

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Why in the hell do all the pics but one show up oriented correctly while one is not correct? I can post pics all day long correctly from tapatalk. The pics are not even in the sequence I posted them.
While using the forum software, this crap happens from my mobile device.
Has the tapatalk add-in been taken away from us?

MODS?

rlongnt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'll tell you what would happen. People wouldn't buy a brand new Beretta A400 then read 50 articles on why one of the finest shotguns ever made wasn't the right choice.

People wouldn't watch stupid videos on how if they shove enough crap/dirt in their VP9 it might not cycle correctly.. No $#IT MAC, try that with your truck engine and see how that goes.

People might be out in the field or fishing instead of reading about it and nobody would be bothering/calling them while they try to do it.

You might even be able to listen to an entire song on the radio without being interrupted via Bluetooth calls in your car.

Who knows how many rear end collisions would be eliminated by dumba$$es not texting.

p238shooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Along with "If the internet goes down" many people do not realize their cell phone is totally dependent on the internet and it will go with it also.

There are a lot of situations were local internet can be down, along with other utilities, storms being the most common.

Myself, I spew electrons directly off my Ham Radio antennas locally and to other Ham Radio operators antennas around the world on a daily basis. I only need 12V power for my radios to do that reliably. It is relatively easy to study and get a license, some 10 year olds have done it and it is a great family hobby you can participate in whenever you want with great comradery. Equipment does not have to be expensive but can be as elaborate as you want.

Anyone here is welcome to PM me if you have questions or an interest in the hobby that might be useful some day, no different than target practice.

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
We didn't have an internet when I was a kid. We had the library and I'm a reader. The bigger the novel, the better I liked it.
My mom would tell me to get off the couch with the book and get outside. Still a reader to this day but its ebooks on the Kindle. I read on the deer stand, while spending a lazy afternoon and any other time I can. Some great authors out there.

I can't hear well so after spending some time listening to mother nature I put on ear phones and listen to audible books on my kindle while keeping my eyes roaming in the stand. Listened to Moby Dick and Call of the Wild last year and really enjoyed them.
Just bought the Dark Tower series for this year.

kirk1978

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If it dies.....the guys that work for me might get more work done! I'm all for it as long as OSA can stay up and running, its where I come for my religious information. (Other thread joke :) )

Latest posts

Top Bottom