What's the story of your ink?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I dont care if anyone has ink. I will probably die without any. I never found a reason to dump cash into body art. My wife has a couple. And thats ALL fine with me!

That's me and Grumpy. He's talked about getting one but also says he's not found anything he would want to spend the rest of his life looking at. Me?? I LOVE my ink. It sounds weird, I know, but I feel more like myself now that I have ink. I am much more comfortable in my skin now. I used to worry -- worry about my hairdo, my make-up, my clothes, the way people thought about me -- basically I was an insecure mess ... Now? It's not that I don't care but to a certain extent I do not care. And you know what?? People, in general, treat me MUCH better than they did before I got my ink. Definitely an interesting dichotomy. 🤷

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That's me and Grumpy. He's talked about getting one but also says he's not found anything he would want to spend the rest of his life looking at. Me?? I LOVE my ink. It sounds weird, I know, but I feel more like myself now that I have ink. I am much more comfortable in my skin now. I used to worry -- worry about my hairdo, my make-up, my clothes, the way people thought about me -- basically I was an insecure mess ... Now? It's not that I don't care but to a certain extent I do not care. And you know what?? People, in general, treat me MUCH better than they did before I got my ink. Definitely an interesting dichotomy. 🤷

It's a coming of age thing too. Not that I'm calling you old, sugar, you know I loves ya :kiss: but 10 years or so ago, yeah, it bothered me what people thought about me.

Nowadays, I couldn't care less than two sh!ts what they think. And like that wonderful husband of yours said, I too don't have any thing in my life that I am so passionate about to have it permanently affixed to my corpse. Maybe someday.

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's a coming of age thing too. Not that I'm calling you old, sugar, you know I loves ya :kiss: but 10 years or so ago, yeah, it bothered me what people thought about me.

Nowadays, I couldn't care less than two sh!ts what they think. And like that wonderful husband of yours said, I too don't have any thing in my life that I am so passionate about to have it permanently affixed to my corpse. Maybe someday.

Ahhhh, but I AM old. 😂😂😂 I just realized today that I am now closer to 70 than 60 and ya know what?? 🤔🤔

GOOD ON ME!! I truly can't believe I've made it this far! 😎🤗🤗😂😂😂

sushi & pistols

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So I have many tattoos that happened in the span of about five years. They pay homage to my fallen son. My son died at 22 years old on December 15th, 2012. I am probably posting to much info here but it's my story. You see, I am a recovering alcoholic and at the time of his death I was 11 years into my recovery from being a BAD alcoholic. This matters here because the pain of losing a son was a pain like no other. What do most people do to numb pain? Alcohol...drugs perhaps. I did not have this luxury so I numbed my pain with tattoos of course. So each of my 50 plus tattoos has a LOT of meaning. Today I am 22 years sober not once yielding to the ugly monkey on one's back. I have ink on me that comforts me when I look at in in bouts of grief that still comes in waves...

Last edited:

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So I have many tattoos that happened in the span of about five years. The pay homage to my fallen son. My son died at 22 years old on December 15th, 2012. I am probably posting to much info here but it's my story. You see, I am a recovering alcoholic and at the time of his death I was 11 years into my recovery from being a BAD alcoholic. This matters here because the pain of losing a son was a pain like no other. What do most people do to numb pain? Alcohol...drugs perhaps. I did not have this luxury so I numbed my pain with tattoos of course. So each of my 50 plus tattoos has a LOT of meaning. Today I am 22 years sober not once yielding to the ugly money on one's back. I have ink on me that comforts me when I look at in in bouts of grief that still comes in waves...

I'm so sorry you lost your child. I lost a grandson and I've never known such grief. Even after 20 years it is still as raw, at times, as it was the day he left us. We are not supposed to outlive those who come after us. It's not proper. Or right. But it is what it is ... 😢

It feels weird to congratulate you on staying sober. But it takes a tougher man than I am woman to do what you did. Damn, dude is all I know to say. Damn.

sushi & pistols

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm so sorry you lost your child. I lost a grandson and I've never known such grief. Even after 20 years it is still as raw, at times, as it was the day he left us. We are not supposed to outlive those who come after us. It's not proper. Or right. But it is what it is ... 😢

It feels weird to congratulate you on staying sober. But it takes a tougher man than I am woman to do what you did. Damn, dude is all I know to say. Damn.
I'd love to take the credit...i am open minded enough to know I had little to do with it and God had everything to do with it. But thank you! I mean that.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So I have many tattoos that happened in the span of about five years. They pay homage to my fallen son. My son died at 22 years old on December 15th, 2012. I am probably posting to much info here but it's my story. You see, I am a recovering alcoholic and at the time of his death I was 11 years into my recovery from being a BAD alcoholic. This matters here because the pain of losing a son was a pain like no other. What do most people do to numb pain? Alcohol...drugs perhaps. I did not have this luxury so I numbed my pain with tattoos of course. So each of my 50 plus tattoos has a LOT of meaning. Today I am 22 years sober not once yielding to the ugly monkey on one's back. I have ink on me that comforts me when I look at in in bouts of grief that still comes in waves...

My condolences on the loss of your son and congratulations on your sobriety.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Damn dude, very sorry to hear that.
Wife did the same thing when we lost our son - she has a whole sleeve with art that has meaning.

We have way too much in common - if you're around Tulsa I'll buy you a taco for lunch one day if you'd like.

Latest posts

Top Bottom