What is the absolute worst

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cohiba

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Harris County Morgue Attendant/Diener. At one time in Houston while my wife was finishing up her Science PhD, Cohiba thought he'd put some of his science degrees to good use.

I applied and obtained a job with the Harris County Morgue. Yep, I helped with preperation of the body, getting the autopsy table ready,wash tables, prepare trays and instruments,helping with postmortem examinations,helping close incisions, recording information/morgue files, and releasing the body, plus numerous other things.

Well, about 2-3 weeks into the job..it was pretty cool. Exactly what I thought and no problems....then it hit me like a ton of bricks.

We were expecting a murdered child,age between 3-7. She had been chopped up , placed in a suit case and thrown into Galveston Bay. Well the suit case didn't sink, it floated for a few days and a fisherman found it.

NO WAY IN HECK was I going to prep the room for this incident or the remains of the child. Thought about it and realized it was just a matter of time for more juveniles to come in. Quit on the spot, couldn't assist with a child autopsy or a junvenile.

Cohiba

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Harris County Morgue Attendant/Diener. At one time in Houston while my wife was finishing up her Science PhD, Cohiba thought he'd put some of his science degrees to good use.

I applied and obtained a job with the Harris County Morgue. Yep, I helped with preperation of the body, getting the autopsy table ready,wash tables, prepare trays and instruments,helping with postmortem examinations,helping close incisions, recording information/morgue files, and releasing the body, plus numerous other things.

Well, about 2-3 weeks into the job..it was pretty cool. Exactly what I thought and no problems....then it hit me like a ton of bricks.

We were expecting a murdered child,age between 3-7. She had been chopped up , placed in a suit case and thrown into Galveston Bay. Well the suit case didn't sink, it floated for a few days and a fisherman found it.

NO WAY IN HECK was I going to prep the room for this incident or the remains of the child. Thought about it and realized it was just a matter of time for more juveniles to come in. Quit on the spot, couldn't assist with a child autopsy or a junvenile.

Cohiba

Oh man ... I can see where that would be a really cool job ... except for the things people do to the kids ... WTF is wrong with people??

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Bouncer in a strip club. Scenery and benefits were great. :naughty:
Pay sucked and dealing with drunk a$$holes all night gets old very quick.

sandscards

Marksman
Supporting Member
Supporter
Reaction score
This brings back awful memories. I needed a job during summers during high school and went to work for a construction company. I was on a crew that repaired broken sewer lines and did live tie-ins to new and replacement lines. Of course being the youngest I was the one told to get in the ditch that was dug and start the repair. Live sewer up to your waist and 100 degree heat in north Tulsa during the early 70's was pretty bad. You wouldn't believe what all flows down the sewer lines and what people flush down their toilets. It definately made me want to concentrate more on school during the year and get the education I would need to not have to do that full time. My dad just laughed and said it was a job, lucky to have it, and it would help me grow up faster. I guess it worked.

SlammerG_89

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I know ... those women were REAL be-yotches. I used to call them "The God Squad" because they used to say all the time it didn't matter what they did because God would forgive them in the end. I can hardly wait 'til we are all dead and gone and they are in the rowboat to hell with me ... I'm gonna laugh my *** off ...

This reminds me of a scene from the show Titus when Chris' dad had a heart attack and was talking about how he was gone for a minute and jesus was laughing at him while he was headed to the gates. Chris told him dad jesus was laughing at you because you thought you were getting in. LOL. Worst job ever would probably be the last part time one i had which was at auto zone. Place really blew, everyone i worked with was a douche who thought they were know it all. I know nothing of vehicles and was hired specifically to help turn the store around through customer service and satisfaction because i had done so with a few other places. Needless to say they didnt want to do their part so why bust my hump for minimum wage. Looking for something else now while going back to school and trying to get back in to Private Security/LEO Work.

ArGyLe64

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My last job with HUB Enterprises doing PI work for them. I was doing workers comp fraud surveillance. 6 or 7 days a week, 60+ hrs a week, and never seeing my wife. I did that from Feb this year until the first of September. 5 days after my wife had our first child through caesarian, they sent me out of town to Olathe, KS for 3 1/2 days. MY WIFE COULDN'T DRIVE FOR 2 WEEKS!!! And they send me out of state. I quit as soon as I got back home. I hated it. Sitting in a hot car all day just staring at a house, no way to eat while on the road, bad intel from the main office, and a rude bitchy manager and assistant. I sat here for the last 4 weeks until I started my DOJ job this week.

Latest posts

Top Bottom