What is the fascination with 22 right now??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cjjtulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Right now, there are primarily two types of people - 1)oh crap, I didn't buy any .22, if I see a box then I better buy it OR 2)Hey, .22 ammo, I can gouge some desperate sucker right now. That is the fascination.

Actually three. You left out: 3) "I've got a metric ton of it (because I used foresight), so I'll just watch the other two classes of knuckleheads battle it out".

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
OK, let me say this differently. Prepping in the sense that you are thinking has nothing to do with why I stocked up. I love shooting clays and plinking with .22s. They are my personal favorites when it comes to shooting just for the sake of shooting. I have never heard of a shortage of shotgun target loads, but I have heard of .22 shortages. We had one last time Obama got elected. I saw the writing on the wall so I stocked up for my personal shooting. Right now, there are primarily two types of people - 1)oh crap, I didn't buy any .22, if I see a box then I better buy it OR 2)Hey, .22 ammo, I can gouge some desperate sucker right now. That is the fascination.

THIS ............ 60% #2 and 40% #1 .......... IMHO

A "Prepper" already had a supply BEFORE the insanity. My Broker said "get out of the stock market and buy precious metals." I took his advice and bought BRASS and LEAD!!!

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ever try to reload 22lr?

Now tell me why I have a hoarders mentality with 22lr for about 6 years!

so true .................. but I found a way to beat this. Stumbled across some bulk Win 45gr FNFMJ, the bullet used in .22WMR. Worked up a load in .223 using Unique. My sniper rifle is sighted dead on at 150 yrds with 63gr HP. My Win CF Mag loads shoot dead on at 50yrds with no scope adjustment. Velocity is more than a .22WMR, but less than a Hornet. Haven't chrony'd any, but should be about 2300 - 2400 fps. And they are QUIETER than a .22LR, about the same as my pellet rifle. Super fun to shoot and great to practice before deer season.

Latest posts

Top Bottom