What is the fascination with 22 right now??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yes, I get the being prepared part. But what is a 22 going to do that my 556 or 308 can't? Why do people think they should have 100k of 22 on hand for shtf? Not like they are going to get in a fire fight with their pea shooter

And yes I am stocked up on all my ammo, mags, etc. just don't understand the 22 fascination.

If you're all stocked up, what in particular is your fascination with what others are buying? :)

Jwryan84

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you're all stocked up, what in particular is your fascination with what others are buying? :)

Just a question as to thought process. I don't have a lot of 22, just sold some in fact as I don't see why everybody wants it. But will sure sell it high when I bought it low. I can understand ARs and mags as they are trying to ban them. Just after hearing a lot of city folk talk of 22s to hunt for food after SHTF I thought folks here would be smarter than to go hunting on others property, as they might get hunted themselves. From what others have said so far it's just cheaper a d they still get to shoot even with it marked up compared to center fire ammo.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just a question as to thought process. I don't have a lot of 22, just sold some in fact as I don't see why everybody wants it. But will sure sell it high when I bought it low. I can understand ARs and mags as they are trying to ban them. Just after hearing a lot of city folk talk of 22s to hunt for food after SHTF I thought folks here would be smarter than to go hunting on others property, as they might get hunted themselves. From what others have said so far it's just cheaper a d they still get to shoot even with it marked up compared to center fire ammo.

Oklahoma has tons of public hunting land and as most have realized, when 5.56 is going for $600-700 per 1K, .22LR is a comparatively cheap way to keep shooting.

As for me, I just sold 1100 rounds of .22LR to a fellow forum member in need, for exactly what I paid for it. I'm not a firearms related business and I will not take advantage of my fellow shooters on the basis of an artificially inflated market. It just doesn't seem right. JMO, YMMV

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Oklahoma has tons of public hunting land and as most have realized, when 5.56 is going for $600-700 per 1K, .22LR is a comparatively cheap way to keep shooting.

As for me, I just sold 1100 rounds of .22LR to a fellow forum member in need, for exactly what I paid for it. I'm not a firearms related business and I will not take advantage of my fellow shooters on the basis of an artificially inflated market. It just doesn't seem right. JMO, YMMV

Same here. I traded a couple of AR-10 mags straight across for some .223 mags.

No need to screw sombody because you can.

Pokem807

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Actually three. You left out: 3) "I've got a metric ton of it (because I used foresight), so I'll just watch the other two classes of knuckleheads battle it out".

I think this is a pretty sizeable group. And with the way things are going, suddenly that metric ton doesn't look as impressive as it did a month or two ago.

AKguy1985

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You gotta have ammo for all those .22 AR's and whatnot that got sold between dec 14th and now. I sold a brick of 550 to my friend for a non high price to help him out. That was 20% of my stash.

Latest posts

Top Bottom