What is your favorite hunting shotgun ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OkieJoe72

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That’s a tough question. For upland game, I like my Franchi Instinct. For sentimental reasons, my favorite is a 870 Remington Wingmaster. I’ve also got a fondness for an older 12 gauge Remington 1100. Both the Wingmaster and 1100 mostly stay in the safe nowadays. My go to for duck and turkey hunting is a Remington 870 Express Super Mag. The only reason is because of the 3.5” chamber.

TANSTAAFL

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have little experience hunting, but have done so a few times. Really liked my 870 Wingmaster 12 ga for Pheasant, it seemed to be the right length and pull and swung right onto target. With a quick barrel change it works with slugs during deer season as well. I wish I had that gun, bought it used and in the box, never fired. It was made in 1967, however I bought it in the 1990's. I had an 1187 (boating accident). I liked it, but not quite as nice. Maybe I need to go to Tulsa next weekend and get an 870 Wingmaster if I can find one.

Firpo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Bought this 1971 Belgian A5 Light Twelve two barrel set a couple years back and have yet to shoot the gun. Sounds like I really need to rectify that situation. 😉
IMG_7207.jpeg

Always wanted to take this Superposed Lightning in the field. Strongly considering adding Briley chokes.
IMG_5310.jpeg

For Upland Birds I’d likely bring my Browning Model 12 28 gauge with Exhibition Grade English Walnut.
IMG_5318.jpeg

But if I had to pick just one and needed to put meat on the table it would be my 1947 Winchester Model 12 12 gauge Field Grade. This pic is before I finished restoring the old girl. It holds a special place being my mother’s birth year was 1947.
IMG_1003.jpeg

Latest posts

Top Bottom