What is your ideal muscle car???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kd5rjz

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm not talking what would be the fastest, or the most valuable, or the rarest, etc. I'm talking what would YOU want the most for whatever reason?

For me, it's a '69 AMC Javelin in Big Bad Green. My step-dad used to have one many years ago, and they let it sit and get run down and then my uncle bought it for a song (right before I turned 16, dammit), towed it to Cali, rebuilt it to be BEAUTIFUL, then his wife sold it in the divorce. SHEISSE!

For nostalgia's sake, I think I want to get one in 3-4 years and spend 3-4 years building it up from the ground with my son. :D

Second choice is a '69ish Corvette Stingray, probably canary yellow, with T-tops and black leather. Beautiful.

I'm not really into the whole original restoration thing... I want it with modern conveniences and engine - LS2 (or something similar), fuel injection, etc. But just the whole muscle car look and nostalgia of the genre, damn, it can't be beat.

Except maybe by my other favs like an RS-8, GT-Z or God-forbid, a Veyron.

You really can't beat a Javelin or an AMX.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A bit of clarification is in order here. According to various automotive bodies such as the Muscle Car Club:

A muscle car, by the strictest definition, is an intermediate sized, performance oriented model, powered by a large V8 engine, at an affordable price. Most of these models were based on "regular" production vehicles. These vehicles are generally not considered muscle cars, even when equipped with large V8s. If there was a high performance version available, it gets the credit, and not the vehicle that it was based on.

Examples: Buick GS, Chevrolete Chevelle SS, Dodge Charger R/T, Ford Torino/Cobra, Plymouth GTX, Plymouth Road Runner, Oldsmobile 442, Pontiac GTO

Mustangs, Camaros, and 'Cudas are what would be called pony cars; Corvettes would be an example of a two-seat sports car known for higher sticker prices (the AMC AMX being an exception due to its "plebeian" price tag).

Just wanted to get that out there, since people seem to have different ideas of what constitutes a "muscle car."

71buickfreak

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
1969 camaro

1987 Buick grand national or T-Type
Some don't consider the GN a muscle car because it has a V6, but that's probably because the hate them due to getting spanked by one!! I miss my T-type.

For those that don't understand what a GN or T-type can do, watch this video of me in my '71 GS convertible. on the Power Tour last year. My GS has a 400 hp, 411 ft lbs of torque, EFI, 4.11s and a manually-shifted 2004R overdrive. For the record, it runs bumper to bumper with the 2010 Camaro SS. Grand National? Not so much.

[video=youtube_share;gvNgxTTUpJ8]http://youtu.be/gvNgxTTUpJ8[/video]

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Without a doubt, a 1970 Chevelle SS 454 LS6!

The first year for the 454 with 450+ horse power, and one sexy looking machine.

Latest posts

Top Bottom