What is your ideal muscle car???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I haven't taken a tape measure to the engine compartment to see if it'll fit ("get a bigger hammer!"), but I'd go for a '66 Mustang Fastback with one of the new Coyote 5.0s backed by a 6-speed.

I bet it will fit, there are some guys in CA cramming them into early broncos:)

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
'78 Malibu with a 400sb, turbo 400 tranny, 3:90 12bolt. Vortec heads, comp 264sbc cam, 750 holly carb, air gap intake. Hooker headers, cherry bomb glass packs. BFG drag radials. Cragar SS rims.

Made 420hp and 437ft lbs of torque. Ran low 12's every pass on 87oct.

My oldest daughter and I built this car. Was featured in Chevy Hi Performance. This was her daily driver thru high school. And only 1 ticket.

I tore it up, sold it to my nephew, who is building it as we speak.

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
32' Ford coupe, hotrod or ratrod.

I thought that I had been thru all of my dream car or truck 'phases' but now Richard Rawlings and Gas Monkey Garage has me jonesing bad for a badazz built up 32' Ford hotrod or ratrod. I dont know if it meets muscle car status but its my latest dream car and I'm rat-holeing money away for it now.

When I grew up my dad ran a body/paint/mechanic shop and on the side he was a total nut for hotrods, ratrods, 4x4s, bikes, whatever went vrooom. Me and my younger brother caught the bug early and have always had one or more toys alongside our daily driver and 4x4s. My brother runs my dads shop today so we have a place to work on our stuff when he's not doing jobs to pay his bills. I bought a 57' Ford Fairlane coupe roller that we've been working on this winter but now that we got all of the bodywork done Ive just gotten bored with it and my brother is finishing it. In the last 2 years we've built up or heavily modded several projects together: 2 Mustangs, a GT and a Cobra, then went to the dark side with a Z28 (ponies, ya I know), and then we restored the 98' TT Supra I had when I first moved out here from California.

Last edited:

Mad Professor

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have had a few muscle cars..
69 camaro I caged and all aluminum interior strut front end and 4link 9" with 31spline axles.
I have had the 440's and 383's and many 455's in various vehicles..

Many to choose from that is for sure..
I drive a 47dodge truck (rat rod) it will hold it's own..13.51et
I still have a vette and 57 chevy...
But i miss my fastest and quickest i ever built for myself...
A cut up custom suspension and custom front sheet metal MAD MAX wanna be 78 nova...standing start 3/4 mile dash would
hit 176MPH!! I was always looking for motorcycles to race.
Rolling wheelies...I would not call that a muscle car though more of a custom built death trap!!!

I do like all the mopars though..hate the front suspensions on them..sure dig the bodies.

flatwins

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Though I like the '70 Chevelles a little bit better, I'd have to go with a '69 SS396 since I'm a '69 model myself. It would have to be a 4 speed and not some wussy prendle (PRNDL) automatic. The big question is whether or not to go hard top or convertible.

Latest posts

Top Bottom