what is your thoughts on 6.5 creedmore?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wolf44

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Maybe i am misunderstanding your Recoil comment DOC - but the 6.5 with an M24 taper at 25.5 finished length (for ref) has minimal or reduced recoil compared to the 308 in sim. platforms without brakes being involved.

MoBoost and B Gordon have said things well, in their opinions and experience. Pick your poison and take it up a notch. You'll always have those that say stick with 308. and that's NOT WRONG. Which is why you should have a switch barrel setup with that old trusty 308 barrel in the closet. I still prefer the 260REM or 308 due to ease of buying in stores. For the Preppers, 308 or 223 or 30-06 would be the safer choices unless your reloading special cartridge 24/7.

Naturally, few really compare to the 308 for overall ballistic/scope/skill education at distance.

There are more 6mm+ designs coming out as everyone tries to find that magic unicorn.

http://www.6mmbr.com/gunweek084.html (more reading if peeps haven't been to 6mmbr)

When I find my tablet i'll give some energy comparisons but from memory - a custom loaded 260REM will be behind a 7mmMag, but not 'that' far at long range. For those trying to determine such things.

dubs chops

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well I Ponied up and bought a CM in a savage lightweight hunter. I was currently shooting a tikka T3 ultralight in .308

the tikka with a bushnell 2.5-16X42 weighed in at 7.82 OZ
the Savage with a vortex viper PST 4-16X50 FFP weighs in at 7.02 OZ

both weights were empty.

I do reload but currently only have a progressive, I am looking for a single stage soon to start reloading my bolt gun cartridges. I think 6.5mm ammo will become more available. And the fact that the ammo I would hunt with is cheaper than what I shot in my .308 makes me happy.

I am not saying I will never pick up the .308 again but with the 6.5CM having more power and less drop and less recoil at 1K than my .308 Well I think those numbers speak for themselves.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well I Ponied up and bought a CM in a savage lightweight hunter. I was currently shooting a tikka T3 ultralight in .308

the tikka with a bushnell 2.5-16X42 weighed in at 7.82 OZ
the Savage with a vortex viper PST 4-16X50 FFP weighs in at 7.02 OZ

both weights were empty.

I do reload but currently only have a progressive, I am looking for a single stage soon to start reloading my bolt gun cartridges. I think 6.5mm ammo will become more available. And the fact that the ammo I would hunt with is cheaper than what I shot in my .308 makes me happy.

I am not saying I will never pick up the .308 again but with the 6.5CM having more power and less drop and less recoil at 1K than my .308 Well I think those numbers speak for themselves.

Less than half pound rifle. Must be pounds.

twoguns?

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well after reading this I just find the ballistics and the felt/unfelt recoil compared to the similar .308 is inconsiquintal, And
not sustantial enough to change calibre's.... O K . 8)

edit: oh sNap, I didnt see tha part about getting a knew rifle

.and thats 4 Thousand

tran

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Well after reading this I just find the ballistics and the felt/unfelt recoil compared to the similar .308 is inconsiquintal, And
not sustantial enough to change calibre's.... O K . 8)

edit: oh sNap, I didnt see tha part about getting a knew rifle

.and thats 4 Thousand

Take a hard look at Ballistic efficiency and then lets talk....

Jwryan84

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My friend has a bolt rifle in 6.5X47 and I an AR-10 in 308 and the 6.5 embarrasses the 308 at 1000 yards. No comparison. Ballistics makes a difference

Latest posts

Top Bottom