what is your thoughts on 6.5 creedmore?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

twoguns?

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Take a hard look at Ballistic efficiency and then lets talk....

Oh no doubt its better, I dont reload yet so the cost efficiency isnt there for Me.

Im all for the "new rifle calibre" and Maybe a side by side comparison, in person, would sway me.

Ill have to look into getting that test done.... ;)

MoBoost

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Oh no doubt its better, I dont reload yet so the cost efficiency isnt there for Me.

Im all for the "new rifle calibre" and Maybe a side by side comparison, in person, would sway me.

Ill have to look into getting that test done.... ;)

Come out to the next F-class match November 19th - you'll see what sub-calibers do to 308s.

coug

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think the 6.5 Creedmoor is an excellent choice. And even better if you reload. I have worked up loads in 4 different ones for friends and family. they push the 140 gr. bullets at around 3000fps. and that says a lot for a 140 gr Berger with a .612 BC. there are a ton of guys shooting them in the long range tactical matches and they are all holding their own. I shoot the 6.5x47 Lapua because I like the Lapua brass better and you get around 15 reloads out of it if you don't push it to the max. as far as what the OP said about you should get a .308 I would disagree. You almost never see a .308 in the Long range matches that I have been to and when you do see them they are almost always at the back of the pack. the 6.5 is a great wind cheater. im not saying its more accurate but if your not shooting weekly or more its hard to be an excellent wind reader. and when your talking about shooting 700 to 1000 yards the 6.5 is going to make your life much easier. I would also recommend getting it in a good bolt gun. it will maximize your ability to put the round in the right place and get the speed your after. well at least that's my opinion.... Hope this helps you.

Latest posts

Top Bottom