What Justice Scalia's passing means....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Jeb Bush is on record saying Lynch should have been confirmed too.

We need a list of GOP Senators that voted for Sotomayor and Kagan. I saw this morning that Obama can do a recess appointment right now. Pucker up boys...

Raoul Duke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Somewhere in the stillborn state of Sequoyah
Every member of OSA needs to email, call AND write San Lankfords office and demand he actively oppose any Obama nominations. Inhofe is solid in opposition to Obama, but Lankford is a weak kneed RINO who can't be trusted. :(

^^^This^^^

Sometimes I wonder if Lankford even knows the difference between the breech and the muzzle of a firearm.

Norinoo

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Because they are without principles and corrupt and the opportunities for graft if they cave are undoubtedly large.

Unless the senator's feet are held to the fire they will go with the "inside the beltway flow."

This won't stop many on this forum from choosing these immoral criminals in suits from being their masters. Sad that many don't realize that by embracing man's creation of this thing called government, they reject God and God's Laws, essentially violating the first two commands. God haters and idolaters.

"Only a virtuous people are capable of freedom. As nations become corrupt and vicious, they have more need of masters." - Benjamin Franklin

rawhide

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Orrin Hatch dismissed the Thurmond Rule back in 2004. He was also one of the RINO's that voted for Lynch's confirmation. :(
The Thurmond Rule has been dismissed, but also used by both parties. My point being that the precedent for not confirming appointments in an election year is established.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Jeb Bush is on record saying Lynch should have been confirmed too.

We need a list of GOP Senators that voted for Sotomayor and Kagan. I saw this morning that Obama can do a recess appointment right now. Pucker up boys...

It would only be temporary... recess appointments, AFAIK, are not permanent until confirmed. Plus, if he makes a recess appointment to the SCOTUS in THAT kind of hurry, I think it would be obvious he is actively trying to bypass the Senate, as there is absolutely NO need to rush and appoint someone in the next 2 weeks for such an important position - the hue and cry would likely be of such proportion it could cause major problems for the Democratic party come November.

Not to mention his last recess appointments to the NLRB were struck down as unconstitutional, I believe?

Kennedy is 79
Ginsberg is 82
Breyer is 77
Thomas is 67

There is hope. This isn't the end of our nation, not by a long shot. It is a scary moment, yes... but the end, not even close.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It would only be temporary... recess appointments, AFAIK, are not permanent until confirmed. Plus, if he makes a recess appointment to the SCOTUS in THAT kind of hurry, I think it would be obvious he is actively trying to bypass the Senate, as there is absolutely NO need to rush and appoint someone in the next 2 weeks for such an important position - the hue and cry would likely be of such proportion it could cause major problems for the Democratic party come November.

Not to mention his last recess appointments to the NLRB were struck down as unconstitutional, I believe?

Kennedy is 79
Ginsberg is 82
Breyer is 77
Thomas is 67

There is hope. This isn't the end of our nation, not by a long shot. It is a scary moment, yes... but the end, not even close.

SCOTUS has just about every hot button issue on their schedule for this session. Abortion, affirmative action, global warming, they got it all man. About the only thing that isn't there is another 2a case like Heller.

You can bet Obama is looking at it even if it is temporary.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ConstitutionCowboy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just remain calm and armed. We need to be clear-headed and prepared. As I have said before, the manure and fans are at the ready, and all that needs to happen is for someone to pick up a pitchfork. Let it not be one of us.

Woody

YukonGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
...God haters and idolaters...
Which god/gods are you referring to? Do you find any irony in the fact that you are routinely using hatred and judgement based on your own religiosity?

The main idols you'll find on this forum are John Browning and Gaston Glock. Politicians don't come anywhere close.

Latest posts

Top Bottom