What kills?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which is deadlier?

• Velocity

Votes: 8 33.3%
  • Bullet Mass

Votes: 16 66.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

centraloklahoma

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Penetration of vital organs. Central Nervous System disruption (Brain penetrated, spinal cord cut) and as many penetrating holes in vital organs such as heart, liver, lungs, as possible, followed by rapid blood loss causing a physical reaction (Passing out) resulting in the bad guy stopping his actions at trying to kill you.

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There was a long post (pages and pages cut and pasted) here a year or two ago from discussions with a big city coroner. His information and insight into what he had seen over the years concerning what actually killed the gunshot victims he had seen on the table was eye opening,and educational. I wish I had kept the post on my computer.

J.P.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
But what's better, bigger or faster? Is a 308 round better or worse than a .75 cal musket ball (which has more than twice the diameter)?
Bigger is better than smaller
Faster is better than slower
How you want to divide it up is your decision....I mean, there are only so many practical options.

But.... but...... mass is insignificant in making holes in someone!! :D
all it took was a lobotomy and some tights..... :D
:rollingla

There was a long post (pages and pages cut and pasted) here a year or two ago from discussions with a big city coroner. His information and insight into what he had seen over the years concerning what actually killed the gunshot victims he had seen on the table was eye opening,and educational. I wish I had kept the post on my computer.
Yeah, it was recently reposted here.
To be perfectly honest I don't think it offers much of anything in terms of what works "better" or doesn't, and comes off like anecdotal ramblings of an amatuer with a love affair for 1911s.
I mean, it doesn't tell us much of anything we don't already know...except when it's telling us stuff we *shouldn't* know due to the lack of pertinent data. :)

redmax51

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Yeah, it was recently reposted here.
To be perfectly honest I don't think it offers much of anything in terms of what works "better" or doesn't, and comes off like anecdotal ramblings of an amatuer with a love affair for 1911s.
I mean, it doesn't tell us much of anything we don't already know...except when it's telling us stuff we *shouldn't* know due to the lack of pertinent data. :)

^^^^This.....

Mechanicalmehem

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

You mean this one that is back on the first page in the general handgun discussion forum?
not a smart remark, just stating it has been bumped back up recently, and I also read it just the other day....
--Mech

Latest posts

Top Bottom