What lubricant do you use on your firearms?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
For handguns, RemOil on any guns that can be run fairly dry (XD, Glock, Ruger LCP, etc.). Motor oil (currently a cheap quart of Exxon 5w30) on guns that need to be a little wetter, like a 1911 or a Hi Power.

aestus

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Lots of 3 gunners use mobile 1 synthetic motor oil. I've used it and it's my go to for AR's with unplated bcgs and AK rifles. For AR's with nickle-boron type plating on the bolts, I use EWL slip 2000. This stuff is really slick and 2 drops is all you need on a BCG that has any of the self lube type plating on it. It's goopy and yet water thin at the same time. Hard to explain, but this stuff forms a thin film on whatever you put it on. Doesn't dry out as fast as the other stuff, as well. I also use EWL Slip 2000 on my glock 23. For everything else I own, I use break free CLP just out of habit.

Last edited:

Werewolf

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am not that educated in the area of oils and lubricants but I know most motor oil contains some harsh detergents and additives which may not act friendly with guns.

Get Mobil 1 formulated without the detergents and other additives. Most Motorcycle shops will carry it because those bikes that have wet clutches don't play nice with the stuff with the additives that cars like.

Latest posts

Top Bottom