What Made Your Day?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Truckdriver

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This is a thread on the Washington state forum and I think it would be good here also.
I'll start even if it a little premature.
My wife is finely moving out here. Coming in about 8pm to Lawton airport Sunday. I feel like a kid the day before Christmas.

Couple of things over the last week.

Bought a dozen jumbo eggs at Wally world. Every single egg was double yolked.

Bought a box of 12 twinkies. Noticed the box was bit bulged out, bought it anyway. The 13th twinkie was squished and twisted but was the best tasting one in the box

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Not today but yesterday. Yesterday I saw kid that I've known since he was about 11yo, who's now 26yo. This kid lived in OK with his mom, his dad was living in Arkansas and he passed away shortly after his mom and dad separated, so when this kid was almost 12yo. Not a strong student or motivated to do anything really, kind of got with the wrong crowd, graduated from HS, moved back to Arkansas, moved back to Oklahoma, back to Arkansas, had some drug issues off and on throughout that time and sort of dropped off the radar, local friends of his didn't know where he was and had lost contact. Stepped up to the seafood counter at the store yesterday and looked up and got ready to tell the guy what I wanted and sure enough it was him. I had no idea he was back in the area. I asked how he was, he said he'd moved back about a year ago, broke, broken and ready for a new start. Sounds like he was turning things around, buying a house, been clean for over a year, been working at the same place for the last seven months and trying to stay "normal". Told him he'd made my day and was good to see him.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Couple of things over the last week.

Bought a dozen jumbo eggs at Wally world. Every single egg was double yolked.

Bought a box of 12 twinkies. Noticed the box was bit bulged out, bought it anyway. The 13th twinkie was squished and twisted but was the best tasting one in the box

Dang, go to an ATM and withdraw some cash!!!

surjimmy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Going into a room, and remembering what I went in there for.lol
I know this is corny, but for my family. I am so BLESSED. I have 2 son's, the oldest is a Fire Safety Engineer the youngest is going to collage to be a church marriage counselor. I have a Wife who has put up with me for going on 36 years this December. Not that that took any effort on her part, I'm a Saint to live with.lol IMHO, I live in the best country in the world and maybe not the prettiest state but damn sure the friendiest.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom