What Made Your Day?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

elwoodtrix

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
just got this from my Daughter 30 minutes ago!!!
babyluke.jpg

Last edited:

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Not today but yesterday. Yesterday I saw kid that I've known since he was about 11yo, who's now 26yo. This kid lived in OK with his mom, his dad was living in Arkansas and he passed away shortly after his mom and dad separated, so when this kid was almost 12yo. Not a strong student or motivated to do anything really, kind of got with the wrong crowd, graduated from HS, moved back to Arkansas, moved back to Oklahoma, back to Arkansas, had some drug issues off and on throughout that time and sort of dropped off the radar, local friends of his didn't know where he was and had lost contact. Stepped up to the seafood counter at the store yesterday and looked up and got ready to tell the guy what I wanted and sure enough it was him. I had no idea he was back in the area. I asked how he was, he said he'd moved back about a year ago, broke, broken and ready for a new start. Sounds like he was turning things around, buying a house, been clean for over a year, been working at the same place for the last seven months and trying to stay "normal". Told him he'd made my day and was good to see him.

You win. Lock it up!

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I bought the wife a Mother's Day gift off of Amazon and it was delivered yesterday and she was surprised. What she didn't know was that another gift was coming today from Amazon and she was doubley surprised and I was happy that she was happy-twice.

DavidMcmillan

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I know this is corny, but for my family. I am so BLESSED. I live in the best country in the world and maybe not the prettiest state but damn sure the friendiest.

I agree with this. I have had a great life. We have two daughters and two grandsons, one in college and one in HS. My son-in-law is a great husband and father, and is an associate pastor for a larger church here in OKC. After driving back and forth for games and school events, we decided to move to OKC in May of 2013. We closed on our home on 5/20, drove back to Muskogee and heard the initial reports of the tornado, with heavy damage within a couple of blocks of our new home. Turned out we had no damage and all of the family was fine.

My older daughter was married to a great doctor who was killed in an auto crash about several years ago. She had already been successful in her career and she has continued that and never remarried. About four years ago, she decided to move here from Houston and built a home about 2 miles from us. My other daughter and family live two blocks from us.

At 72 years old, I am in great health, and we will celebrate 51 years of marriage at the end of this month.

So, these thoughts make my day each morning. Oh, and I agree; This is by far the greatest nation, and Oklahoma is a wonderful place to call home.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What made my day? I got a call from one of our RV buddies that stays full time on the road with a Class A motorcoach. His daughter has been a 100% progressive liberal. So far left that Bernie would be embarrassed to go that far.
We met her when she visited her parents for a week while we wintered in South Texas. Her parents had given up on her politics that she got in college and warned us she was an aggressive liberal.
We spent most every night with them while she was there and we got into some pretty deep political discussions later in the evenings.
On the phone call today, he was excited that their daughter had converted to a conservative.
I asked what was the tipping point to make the conversion? He said our conversations got her to thinking especially about the media and what they are reporting. Then the pandemic started and the media reporting is what tipped her over the edge. She still doesn't like Trump but finally saw how awful the media was treating him with all the lies. When she started looking at media other than CNN, it woke her up.
So, that made my day.

Latest posts

Top Bottom