What Made Your Day?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xseler

These are not the firearms you're looking for.
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What made my day? I got a call from one of our RV buddies that stays full time on the road with a Class A motorcoach. His daughter has been a 100% progressive liberal. So far left that Bernie would be embarrassed to go that far.
We met her when she visited her parents for a week while we wintered in South Texas. Her parents had given up on her politics that she got in college and warned us she was an aggressive liberal.
We spent most every night with them while she was there and we got into some pretty deep political discussions later in the evenings.
On the phone call today, he was excited that their daughter had converted to a conservative.
I asked what was the tipping point to make the conversion? He said our conversations got her to thinking especially about the media and what they are reporting. Then the pandemic started and the media reporting is what tipped her over the edge. She still doesn't like Trump but finally saw how awful the media was treating him with all the lies. When she started looking at media other than CNN, it woke her up.
So, that made my day.

On a movie screen around Christmas --- Captain Conservative starring Dennis Hoddy!! The liberals have no idea what's about to happen to them!

:soldiers:

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Lots of stuff in this thread to "make one's day." Like David, my life is also blessed beyond my own belief. Married to the same woman for about 51 1/2 years that has been "sympathetic" to my desires for camera equipment. Like David, I'm also in my 70's (approaching 74 in less than two weeks) but in really good health. Well, except for a knee that might be getting arthritis.

Even in my 70's, we are still going out to work in Indiana soon, and beginning next Spring, we hope to hook up our RV home and do some more traveling out west. (Thinking Idaho, western Montana and Wyoming, eastern Washington and Oregon, and northern Utah and Nevada.)

Getting that travel and getting to photograph the beauty of God's creation is a blessing that I never really thought I would have.

God is GOOD!!!

thor447

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What made my day? I got a call from one of our RV buddies that stays full time on the road with a Class A motorcoach. His daughter has been a 100% progressive liberal. So far left that Bernie would be embarrassed to go that far.
We met her when she visited her parents for a week while we wintered in South Texas. Her parents had given up on her politics that she got in college and warned us she was an aggressive liberal.
We spent most every night with them while she was there and we got into some pretty deep political discussions later in the evenings.
On the phone call today, he was excited that their daughter had converted to a conservative.
I asked what was the tipping point to make the conversion? He said our conversations got her to thinking especially about the media and what they are reporting. Then the pandemic started and the media reporting is what tipped her over the edge. She still doesn't like Trump but finally saw how awful the media was treating him with all the lies. When she started looking at media other than CNN, it woke her up.
So, that made my day.
This made my day. There may be hope yet!

ConstitutionCowboy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So, that made my day.

Personally, I think deep inside all of us - except for sociopaths - know basic good if only we open our eyes - or get smacked in the face with reality.

Woody

DavidMcmillan

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You know, this Covid crap does have a silver lining to it. Look at all the things families are doing together. People are seeing the important things in life. We have enjoyed seeing kids riding bikes instead of all the electronic games, folks out walking together.

There are many things being enjoyed now that we pretty much had forgotten about or ignored prior to this past March.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You know, this Covid crap does have a silver lining to it. Look at all the things families are doing together. People are seeing the important things in life. We have enjoyed seeing kids riding bikes instead of all the electronic games, folks out walking together.

There are many things being enjoyed now that we pretty much had forgotten about or ignored prior to this past March.

This^^^^

We went over to our oldest son's house to see him, his wife, and the four grandkids. Even with a bum right knee, I managed to play two games of H-O-R-S-E with the oldest granddaughter (10-years-old.) Got in a good visit before we head off for our work gig in Indiana.

Latest posts

Top Bottom