What new cell phone? Not an IPhone ...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tranger2

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Had an iPhone and went to the Samsung note, the first one. Love the screen but can't use one handed. It chews through the battery and I have to stay connected to power at the office, in the car, at home. Friend has the newest note and said they fixed the battery issue.

Was waiting to get the Samsung 5 tomorrow or whenever it comes out and now having second thoughts after reading reviews. Now thinking about Samsung 4 or the new note.

I want a good camera on whatever I get. Thought I would ask for opinions from others...

n8thegr8

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a nexus 5 and I love it. No contract, unlocked, pure Google experience with no crapware. The freedom alone makes it the best deal out there, the performance and features are just icing on the cake!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Had an iPhone and went to the Samsung note, the first one. Love the screen but can't use one handed. It chews through the battery and I have to stay connected to power at the office, in the car, at home. Friend has the newest note and said they fixed the battery issue.

Was waiting to get the Samsung 5 tomorrow or whenever it comes out and now having second thoughts after reading reviews. Now thinking about Samsung 4 or the new note.

I want a good camera on whatever I get. Thought I would ask for opinions from others...
I used to be an iPhone guy then I woke up. I have had a Samsung galaxy s3, note 2, and now the note 3. It is hands down the best phone I have ever had. Great camera too. And the battery lasts forever. It comes with everything you could want or need. You just can't go wrong with this phone. And it is pretty light for being so big.

Danny Tanner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you can wait it out, the Sony Xperia Z2. You mention wanting a good camera and not being happy with the looks of the GS5, so check this out: http://www.sonymobile.com/global-en/products/phones/xperia-z2/

20 MP cam and records 4K video (useless unless you have a 4K TV, but that's not the point). Should be out this year, but I'd look into your carrier to see if they even plan on offering this phone. If they currently offer the Z1, then chances are good they'll offer the Z2.

AirMech74

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I stepped up from a Galaxy S3 to the Note 3 and I love it...awesome phone. I put a slim case and for a screen protector, I put one of those thin tempered glass protectors and the screen quality just looks amazing.

OKWalker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Another recommendation for the Nexus 5. I switched from a Samsung S3, and also have an iPhone 5s as a work phone. The Nexus 5 is my favorite.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Haram

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
The Note 3 is to big personally but if the size isn't a concern they did fix the battery issue and it's a great device. (many Note 3's running around the office at work) That being said the Nexus 5 will be my next daily driver switching from an S3 at end of month.

Latest posts

Top Bottom