What Senator Tom Coburn Thinks Of The NRA

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mons meg

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Reid may be pro gun on the surface, but he has got to go. What good is it to make us feel safer about our gun rights when the very same man is trying to take our economy down the toilet with bailouts, etc. Not much use to have the freedom to buy a gun if ya got no money. For me, the "bigger picture" includes ALL my freedoms.

zulater

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
I didn't renew and I told the guy calling asking for a renewal exactly why. They are not endorsing true pro gun legislation (oklahoma open carry bill as an example) and they are not taking a stand against anti-gun politicians. The guy actually apologized for the NRA and said he understood why I wouldn't renew!

EFsDad

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm the NRA as well, but I dont think ditching my membership will fix anything. Not saying *I prefer Reid over a conservative who is also very pro gun*, just saying there *is* a big picture here.

Here's a rhetorical exercise, what would the response be if the NRA endorsed Angle, a new SML was appointed and 6 months later we were looking at another Gun Ban? Here again, I understand and agree with the fleas remark, but what is preferred as a gun owner/sportsman?

Take it one step further.

Suppose that Angle gets the seat w/out NRA and we still have an anti-gun/2A SML? Then what?
:oops3:

I am staying in the NRA, but like others I joined the GOA mostly because of what I heard Tom Coburn say at a GOA dinner about a year ago here in Tulsa.

dcoop46

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Coburn is definitely one of our strongest allies. NRA is getting limp-wristed. Have a friend in Az. that is an NRA rep & he's not thrilled with their course. He raves about Coburn though. I also do GOA. Really keeps you informed on issues.

Christopher

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This is why I let my NRA membership expire years ago. I know its probably not the right attitude, but I just couldn't justify giving my money to an org that pulls crap like this, regardless of "big picture" strategery.

kd5rjz

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ok,... am I the only person that understands the possible tactics behind an NRA endorsed Reid?

If Reid loses to Angle, the Democrats will still hold the majority which means a new Senate Majority leader. And the pool of candidates for SML is chuck full of anti gun, gun ban supporting douches. Just like chess, sometimes you gotta sacrifice a pawn to win the game.

And like GTG said, if you dont like the direction of the NRA,... just like the gubment, get in and change it.

I see nothing wrong with endorsing Reid based on 2a issues, which is all the NRA cares about. The NRA has done far too much other stuff to be mad about without making the failure of the NRA about endorsing Reid.

Latest posts

Top Bottom