1. Welcome to Oklahoma Shooters Association! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.
  2. All members receive 3 free listings a month. Get unlimited listings for just $10 a year! Click here for all the info.

What town in central OK is in need of a New Gun Shop??? Poll

Discussion in 'Firearms Chat' started by SoonerStatePawn, Nov 20, 2013.

What town/city in Central OK is in most need of a new Gun Shop

1. Norman

24 vote(s)
    25.8%
  2. Midwest City

13 vote(s)
    14.0%
  3. Yukon

14 vote(s)
    15.1%
  4. Shawnee

7 vote(s)
    7.5%
  5. Other; Comment your post

35 vote(s)
    37.6%
  1. FullAuto

FullAuto Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    I think the younger guy that is now running B&M is the owner's son. He was very friendly toward me. I bought a few boxes of ammo from him after talking with him for maybe 15 minutes about a few things. I also had pretty good service at BDC Gun Room. I didn't buy anything from them but I had a couple different people ask if I needed help. The younger guy in the back room that I spoke to seemed very friendly.

2. langston302

langston302 Sharpshooter

Edmond needs a gun shop.

3. O4L

O4L Moderator Staff Member

Moderator Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    I was told that the young guy at B&M was Bill's son, but I don't know for sure. He was friendly, but I couldn't get him to quit playing with his phone long enough to get any service.

I have never had a problem with any of the help at BDC, but the owner himself is the reason I will not do business there.

4. Nighthawk

Nighthawk Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    I understand that a mega gun range and shop is going in on Wilshire in an old warehouse. From what I hear it should be the biggest in Oklahoma. It is suposed to be 3 times the size of H & H.

5. grwd

grwd Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    wilshire and what?

6. crazyfish

crazyfish Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    From the pictures that were show earlier, it looks like the warehouse on wilshire between walker and classen. Pretty close to broadway ext.

7. OKTribalCop

OKTribalCop Sharpshooter

I thought I saw a building on the east side of I-35 just south of Moore with a sign about a gun range. Anybody know anything about it?

8. Shadowrider

Shadowrider Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    Yep. That's Sgt. Everetts. Kelly is good people.

9. jwv

jwv Sharpshooter

Kind of late getting to this one, but I would like to see Ada get a real gun shop. We do have Gun Runners and Bailys Outdoors but neither one has or keeps a decent selection of Primers, bullets, Brass, Powders & reloading supplies. Their selections of rifles and handguns leaves out any good choices. I always go to McAlester to All Pawn or HL's to get the stuff I need.One or the other usually has what I need.

10. coolhandluke

coolhandluke Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    I would assume that the Edmond area would be an ideal location. There have been requests for a SSP store in that area since the opening of the north store was announced. Other than Academy and Heartland, I'm not aware of any other firearms retailers in the area. On the negative side, I'm sure the cost of renting or purchasing a storefront would be much higher in Edmond than in other parts of the metro. Midwest City / Del City would also be good location as well. Since Brigadoon's no longer carries firearms, Gunworld and King's are the only dedicated firearms shops in the area that I am familiar with...and I can't imagine that either shop would offer up much competition.

Big Boy's pretty much has the Mustang and Yukon area covered along with Mustang Pawn and Gun. Prior to SSP, Big Boy's was the only LGS that I would purchase from. Their prices were fair and they had very good customer service. Lately they seem to be pricing at high retail or above (primarily on their milsurps and used firearms with no negotiation on the price) and I have pretty much written them off and rarely visit their shop anymore. It's a shame, because it used to be one of my favorite shops for hunting milsurps.