Whatever happened to...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

n2sooners

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I miss the days where both parties worked together for the common good.

Not me, that's how we got the bloated, deficit running government we have today. I'm glad we have at least part of a political party trying to put a stop to it.

And I don't think you should need a license to marry our carry.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Tapatalk

loudshirt

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That used to happen? < real question...

Yes for quite awhile Americans voted moderates into office and both parties worked together. There was some give and take and both parties accepted it.

Not me, that's how we got the bloated, deficit running government we have today. I'm glad we have at least part of a political party trying to put a stop to it.

Now nothing gets done. Party A is too busy trying to undermine anything that party B does. Party B gets mad and undermines what party A is trying to do. Nobody works together for the common good anymore.

JB Books

Shooter Emeritus
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yes for quite awhile Americans voted moderates into office and both parties worked together. There was some give and take and both parties accepted it.

Now nothing gets done. Party A is too busy trying to undermine anything that party B does. Party B gets mad and undermines what party A is trying to do. Nobody works together for the common good anymore.

So true and so sad.

n8thegr8

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So back to the original question, what was the number of that bill?

I'm not aware of a bill, but HJR 1026 is a constitutional amendment that, if passed, will be put on the ballot for the public to vote on in November. It strengthens the wording of our constitution with regard to our rights to keep and bear arms (including knives) that some have postulated could lead to permitless carry... Maybe...

Regardless, it is a step in the right direction

berettaman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
back to the thread drift : it all started when LBJ rammed thru "The Great Society". If you do some research you can find audio recordings of what he really called it. In the recordings he also quipped to a supporter "when we pass this we'll have their votes for life and no republican can vote against it and expect to be reelected."
To me, that doesn't sound like working together.?

Latest posts

Top Bottom