What's the best compact .380

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I know you thought that was clever...but it's a COMPACT .380 thread; which is why I asked why people are using .380s that aren't any more compact than compact 9mm.

Seems like once the pistol is the same size as a 9mm one would go to the next level of power since capacity isn't a big issue with these mouse guns.

I hear what you're saying, but they don't make the PPK/S in 9mm Parabellum, only in .32 AP and .380 ACP.

Riley

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I recently tried both a LC9s pro and regular as well as a P238 in a local shop.

I thought the slide stop on both and the safety on one of the Rugers was quite difficult to operate; in that I couldn't seem to get the leverage with my shooting hand thumb as I expected too. I had to use my non shooting hand to get them depressed. Had no such problem with the Sig.

The triggers on all were very good, the Rugers seemed a bit lighter perhaps?

There is of course of the difference in price to consider.

How long does it take for the Rugers to loosen up?

firearm

New to the site!
Reaction score
Hi everyone, I’m new to the forum and have only been using handguns for about 2 years now.
I recently purchased a Sig P238 which is the only 380 I ever used. I brought it to the range the
other day to see what she can do. It shot 50 flawless rounds of cheap Monarch 380 brass ammo
I bought at Academy.

This is also my first 1911 style handgun and I found it very comfortable to shot with very manageable
recoil. I have large hands and had no problem gripping it with the extend magazine. This ones a keeper..

Latest posts

Top Bottom