Where are the Colt 1911 or SAA in OKlahoma???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cohiba

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hey All,

I had a little extra free-time at work today and I made some calls to a few gun stores in the OKC area.

What a shock!!! Every one that I called didn't have a Colt 1911 or a Colt SAA. One dealer told me that Colt was more into making their AR-15/M-16, under government contracts then making pistols.

I have seen a few at H&H, but not much. This is the ONLY reason I go to gun shows....to get to handle Colt pistols. I just can't buy on on-line without at least getting to handle the gun BEFORE I buy it.

So, are there any Colt dealers, stores that have new(and more than 1 or 2) selections, and worth visiting?? OKC is a plus, but would drive to Tulsa(will call ahead) or other areas of the state if it is worth it.

Thanks as always!!
Cohiba

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I know Sports World and Sooner Guns in Tulsa both have Colt 1911s, in stock. Sooner had several, close to a dozen, last I was in (which was last week).

The stores are only 3 miles apart.

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The main reason you won't find many Colts on store shelves is they are overpriced for what you get. A store selling single actions will sell 100 Ruger,Uberti,Cimmaron etc for each Colt they sell due to price difference.
On 1911s you can get a Springfield,Ria,Sti or even a Kimber with a bunch of goodies on it for the price of a bone stock Colt.

Cohiba

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
mr ed,

Sorry, its got to be Colt....same as it ever was!!! Just like Rolex watches.. may not be the best, may not be the fanciest, may not have the best made movement...but its a Rolex.

Colts are the same to me.....if it ain't got the "horsie" on it, its not in my holster............just the way I roll....sorry...can't change my habit!!!

Cohiba

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Too bad you did not call the store in Moore. LOL

Mark,

Last I checked your website, all the Colt pistols had the prices crossed out. Otherwise, you name would have been on the top of my list! My father and I have been extremely happy with our purchases from you.

:)

okieglock83

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hey All,

I had a little extra free-time at work today and I made some calls to a few gun stores in the OKC area.

What a shock!!! Every one that I called didn't have a Colt 1911 or a Colt SAA. One dealer told me that Colt was more into making their AR-15/M-16, under government contracts then making pistols.

I have seen a few at H&H, but not much. This is the ONLY reason I go to gun shows....to get to handle Colt pistols. I just can't buy on on-line without at least getting to handle the gun BEFORE I buy it.

So, are there any Colt dealers, stores that have new(and more than 1 or 2) selections, and worth visiting?? OKC is a plus, but would drive to Tulsa(will call ahead) or other areas of the state if it is worth it.

Thanks as always!!
Cohiba

Where are they? In my safe of course. Haha

Seriously though, its been a while since I've seen an actual Colt SAA in a display case...

Latest posts

Top Bottom