Where can I buy schooner bar glasses locally?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Danny Tanner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am looking for a place that sells schooner glasses. I have no problem finding them on the internet, but at $150+ for a set of 12 or more, that's more than I need and more than I want to spend. I've called a couple of local bar supply places, but those that sell to the public still sell them by the cases at close to $100 or more. I just need at least 3 or 4, at most a couple more. I've checked Gordman's, Steinmart, Kohl's, Marshall's, and Pier I and the closest I've come to success is Pier I as they USED to sell them, just not any more.

I know that stock can vary depending between different Kohl's locations, as well as the rest of the stores I've mentioned, and I've checked out a couple of each in the MWC, Edmond, and Quail area, none of them carry these glasses. I was able to get one guy from Chelino's to sell me 2 several years ago, but one broke and I've misplaced the other. I've had 0 luck getting another server to sell me more since.

What I'm looking for are these glasses:
[Broken External Image]

The real deal, legit-azz thick ones. None of that thin glass novelty crap. If you know of a place that does or might carry them, please holler atchur boy.

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Lone Wolf '49

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
First of all there is a large restaurant supply place in OKC on NW 39th between Portland and Tulsa. Anyway, Schooners, you have no idea what memories that brings back. While at OSU, and I mentioned (in the pickled egg thread) that I worked at the Coachman on Washington in Stillwater in the late 60's. Well, that is what we served the beer in schooners or in Coors pitchers, no one else in town did so. Well, one of the older mgrs named Cleve Dumas, was always talking about schooners. Well, Old Lone Wolf being from Lone Wolf, OK, had no idea what he spoke of. Finally one evening one young couple came in and sat in area1 (which was the upper level in those days) and ordered two schooners. I flat out yelled at Cleve and asked for the order again so Cleve could here because he had been waiting a long time to hear it. Anyway, Thank you Danny. you have justified more of my old memories. OH, by the way the fellow owning and operating the restaurant supply place is Jim, and 40 plus years I cannot remember his last name, but is a frat brother of mine. I know TMI,but I have enjoyed it so much, thanks, Danny.

Danny Tanner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Try a restaurant supply:

OKC
http://orsusa.com/
http://www.cityrestaurantsupply.com/ (check out http://www.shop.cityrestaurantsupply.com/cgi-bin/commerce.cgi?preadd=action&key=3780 )

Tulsa
http://www.curtisequipment.com/
http://thestockpots.com/

You could ask Chelino's, or Tarahumara's or whomevee where they buy theirs, rather than offering to buy the glasses from them. I bet they get them local.

Thanks, that City Restaurant Supply carries them and sells to the public. I tried to order on their site (an order of 4 glasses at almost $10 each) and it said it couldn't process because my order needs to be at least $20, so whatever. But I'll swing by tomorrow to pick them up. Also learned that they go by another name "Weiss Goblet".

Danny Tanner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
First of all there is a large restaurant supply place in OKC on NW 39th between Portland and Tulsa. Anyway, Schooners, you have no idea what memories that brings back. While at OSU, and I mentioned (in the pickled egg thread) that I worked at the Coachman on Washington in Stillwater in the late 60's. Well, that is what we served the beer in schooners or in Coors pitchers, no one else in town did so. Well, one of the older mgrs named Cleve Dumas, was always talking about schooners. Well, Old Lone Wolf being from Lone Wolf, OK, had no idea what he spoke of. Finally one evening one young couple came in and sat in area1 (which was the upper level in those days) and ordered two schooners. I flat out yelled at Cleve and asked for the order again so Cleve could here because he had been waiting a long time to hear it. Anyway, Thank you Danny. you have justified more of my old memories. OH, by the way the fellow owning and operating the restaurant supply place is Jim, and 40 plus years I cannot remember his last name, but is a frat brother of mine. I know TMI,but I have enjoyed it so much, thanks, Danny.

Ha, that's pretty awesome. Glad I could spark something up for you. There's something about these glasses that makes beer taste so good. It might just be the curb appeal, because look at that picture above, it's gorgeous! I've missed my glasses and I'm tired of being without, especially now that I've learned how to rim the glass with shredded lime.

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Check your local liquor store for gift packs too... right now there is a Stella one that has one in it. It's smaller and not as thick of glass but it's not too expensive.

Lone Wolf '49

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ha, that's pretty awesome. Glad I could spark something up for you. There's something about these glasses that makes beer taste so good. It might just be the curb appeal, because look at that picture above, it's gorgeous! I've missed my glasses and I'm tired of being without, especially now that I've learned how to rim the glass with shredded lime.

Very kind of you Danny, and if I remember, the City Restaurant may be the place I spoke of. Anyway, Danny you have no Idea! The memories have been great. Thank you, Danny, good night and good luck and let us know how the schooners work out! I just love the term schooners! And so did Old Cleve from the OSU days.

Danny Tanner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Danny, I know this is changing the subject with all that has gone on today, but have you found the schooners? Sorry, just gives to me so many memories.

Nope, I'll be in the area tomorrow and I'll stop by then. Assuming and hoping this supply store is open on Saturdays.

I get most of my glassware at Parks Distributing, just a block or two from where Looper used to be.

Where is Parks Distributing? Where/what/who is Looper?

Latest posts

Top Bottom