Where is that spot for you?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dale00

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The place that most knocked my socks off is seventeen mile drive close to Pebble Beach Golf Course , Monterrey and Carmel. Until you have experienced the swirling of the ocean around the swirled metamorphic rocks you will not be able to understand.

17 mile drive.jpg

carleb

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wyoming. Always Wyoming. I have a couple of special spots there where the world comes together just right. I'll probably never live there again, but my memories and a trip there once in a while will work out.

53convert

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
In OKlahoma is 50 acres back in the hills to the south of Kinta Oklahoma on the Mountain fork Creek......
as far as the country its a small camp ground in the Arkansas hills just south of Harrison

fishfurlife

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think this poll would be unique to compare if taken in a forum that was comprised of those that reside in the Rockies or on the coast. How many of those people love to see the rolling plains of Oklahoma/KS or the high plains desert of western OK?

There is a lot to be said for missing the beauty of the Forrest for all the trees.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Bass Harbor, on Mount Desert Island, Maine. More specifically, sitting outside on the deck at Thurston's Lobster Pound, watching the Lobster boats pulling in at the end of the day and unloading crate after crate of fresh, live, large lobsters...which are 20 minutes away from being brought to my table, perfectly prepared and served up with some freshly picked and steamed corn on the cob...finished off with some awesome Maine Blueberry Pie and a scoop of homemade vanilla ice cream.

7stw

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The Ely valley of Nevada is one of my favorite spots. Around Stanley Idaho is a close second. Going on a land trip to Alaska in a few days so my options might change. Close to home Miami Texas is some awesome country. I like rough desolate places what can o say.

Sent from NSA wire tapped device.

Larry Morgan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm a forest guy myself. Beaches are nice, but nothing makes me feel at peace quite like being surrounded by trees.

Many places in CO: Estes Park, Boulder, Golden, Breckenridge, etc

i34.photobucket.com_albums_d108_Zmechanic_2012_10_12_2015.37.35_zpsqdou7rew.jpg

I was also blown away by the forests in Northern California. Too bad the southern part of the state is so messed up.

Latest posts

Top Bottom